Can you purchace or salvage sunken boats on the broads?

brandenjg

Hi everyone

On my small trips out and about I seem to be constantly finding sunken or very poor condition boats, I can think of atleast 11 of the top of my head. My question is how would i go about legally becoming the owner of one?

I've seen a small rowing boat and a sailing boat i like the look of, but they have no tolls or names on them so there's no way i can think of to track down an owner. They've been sitting in their current positions for atleast a year that i know of.

Because they're in this state i'm not sure whether i could class them as being Dumped environmental waste (so to speak) and could then clean the broads by acquiring one. Very unlikely but for some reason the ba haven't touched them, so there must be someone who knows the owners.

Any advice on who to talk to would be greatly appreciated cheersbar

The owners of the moorings or bank should know who owns what .The raising and problems involved are greater than I thought following a thread on another forum where a large group of members have been trying to raise a members boat,where they have come up against problems and bad luck with the weather and tides.Wish you luck in your search. :grin:cheersbar

Not attractive!! How dare you!! That's a classic Norman/Callumcraft 17 De-Luxe and is around 40 years old!. She earns the de-luxe accolade by virtue of the hardtop canopy. The apparent "bulbous" shape means lots of room for her size and they are a very practical little cruiser.

I've seen quite a few of these around on the Broads and they have a real sort of "retro" appearance as far as design goes. There used to be or still may be a cracking one at Rockland.

Rant over

Trevor

www.normanboats.co.uk

Not attractive!! How dare you!! That's a classic Norman/Callumcraft 17 De-Luxe and is around 40 years old!. She earns the de-luxe accolade by virtue of the hardtop canopy. The apparent "bulbous" shape means lots of room for her size and they are a very practical little cruiser.

I've seen quite a few of these around on the Broads and they have a real sort of "retro" appearance as far as design goes. There used to be or still may be a cracking one at Rockland.

Rant over

Trevor

http://www.normanboats.co.uk

i still don,t find it attractive sorry :naughty: