Mooring At Somerleyton

Linny

Came past Somerleyton a couple of times recently and noticed nearly half the mooring is out of use. Looks like the 'path' is crumbling away from the front boards. Let's hope the BA fix before the season gets into full swing. It is a very popular mooring, so would be a pain for that amount of it to be unuseable!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Now that Le Boat are hiring out boats from the yard at Somerleyton, does anybody know if they allow hirecraft to moor in the basin, yard side, as if the wind gets up, it`s a bit more sheltered than out on the open river. I think it may also be a little bit closer to the village, which would be a bit kinder on Karens dodgy knee, and my dodgy ankle.

Now that Le Boat are hiring out boats from the yard at Somerleyton, does anybody know if they allow hirecraft to moor in the basin, yard side, as if the wind gets up, it`s a bit more sheltered than out on the open river. I think it may also be a little bit closer to the village, which would be a bit kinder on Karens dodgy knee, and my dodgy ankle.

Leboat are members of BHBF ((broads hire boat federation) they will provide free reciprocal moorings when available to all hire yards except one who is not a member.

Hi,

I have just vacated my mooring at Crown Crusiers/Le Boat, Somerleyton, yard side,to make way for the hire cruisers, not sure they will be too keen on other hire craft mooring in there, there is not much room as it is ,even for their own sixteen Le boat cruisers, unless lots are out & not due back, (still don't think they would too accomodating from what I have heard !). Also it is the quay heading near the Dukes Head mooring (quite along stretch, furthest away )which is barriered off due to whatever, could'nt see anything much wrong with it ! We won't be missing the swing bridge & Network Rail :dance and having to arrange our boating around them.

looking forward to the new season & new moorings Yee ha