The best positioned riverside pub?

Broads01

The thread about The Rising Sun reopening set me thinking. The Rising Sun must be one of the best positioned pubs in terms of setting - but which is the best? I'm not talking beer or food here, I'm talking pure positional sense - where do you most like to be sat with a drink?

My personal favourite is the Berney Arms. Sitting out on the benches with that wide wide view is just so completely Broadsesque somehow. Following close behind for me would be the Bramerton Woods End (love that view on the bend of the river) and the Hotel Wroxham (for the boat activity).

The Swan at Horning provides good boat watching entertainment in the later afternoon, with everyone trying for one on the limited mooring spots!

Interesting one. I would agree the Berney takes some beating for the fantastic views around Breydon. I also like to sit on the terrace outside the Hotel Wroxham watching the goings on. Don’t rate the beer there though. I think my favourite however is the Ship at Reedham, love watching the boats and trains go by. Lovely sun trap in summer. The beer is not bad either.

cheersbar

I reckon the Fisherman's at Burgh Castle takes a lot of beating, views as far as you can see, Marsh Harriers circling and the odd diverting amusement when somebody tries to moor with a knot and a half up their chuff.

Hockham Admiral - couldn't agree more (we were moored astern of you). The following year we did get clobbered by a hire boat when up by the boat dyke - no joy from the hiring yard tho' of course.

I find it strange that you had no joy from the hire yard I have found that if you take the boats details together with a date, time and location they usualy repair any damage. I have sent a bill in the past for repair work that i have carried out and its been paid without fuss.

I find it strange that you had no joy from the hire yard I have found that if you take the boats details together with a date, time and location they usualy repair any damage. I have sent a bill in the past for repair work that i have carried out and its been paid without fuss.

Me too, Stumpy. I've had yards come out to do the repairs or settle the bill when I've had it repaired myself... so it's not all bad. :clap:clap:clap