Broom And The White Heron

Mouldy

I had a message from friends who were dining in The White Heron this evening, that they’ve met and spoken to the new owners of the yard and pub.  The deal was apparently completed today.

Assuming this to be true, I think it will be good news for the area and The Broads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are moored with Clive at Cove.This is great news I know h e had been waiting for this for some time.Congratulations to him and Victoria and  to wish them every success in this exciting venture .Can only be good for the southern broads.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Brilliant news. Given the excellent level of service we’ve had from Clive’s team at Horning, I’m sure that the Brooms yard will go from strength to strength under his management. 

• Like 4

I can’t think of a better person to be taking it on…. Someone that actually understands and wants to run a boatyard rather than an endless stream of investors playing games in an attempt to convince the council that the site is only viable for conversion to housing.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

Where is it situated on the Southern part of the Broads 

Brundall. 

I have to say £13 for 2 pints of guiness in the heron was a shocker, was quoted less in Southwold so new management can only be a good thing.

Needless to say we just had the one and went over to coldham Hall.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Great news.  We received the letter by email, as we moor at Horning Pleasurecraft. Thank goodnes it's now in the hands of someone who really cares about boats and the broads. 

Congratulations Clive and Victoria

• Like 5

Congratulations to Clive and Co, and brilliant news for the Broads

Wonderful to know that someone with a history and passion for the Broads and boats will be taking on the yard and facilities that also have such history - a perfect match !

• Like 6

Excellent news

I have holidayed with Richardson's many, many times when Clive was there. Never had a single problem, the engineers were fantastic as were the office staff. Nothing was too much trouble, they always went that extra mile. If that's anything to go by then this venture is going to be a huge success with that man at the helm

Well done, I wish you all the very best

Grace x

• Like 7

I got the letter by email this morning. Congratulations to Clive and Victoria.

Those who love the Broads and worry about their future must now be thinking there is a God after all!

Great news I hope, for those who may have been worrying about their future employment possibilities. Great news I hope, for those locals looking at their future employment. If I were local and still of working age I would be banging on Clive's door waving my CV under his nose! 

I was trained in customer service and reckon I'm qualified to criticise - Clive's is perfect! 

I wish them all the best for the future.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Apparently the moorings by the Heron will now be used for long term moorings, however, visiting hire and private craft are welcome to use the hire boat basin.  Mentioned on the cash post on Facebook
Improvements happening already as previously Brooms were not very happy with me trying to moor one of Herbert Woods finest there a few years ago.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1