Hire Cruiser Sunk

A lady from Herbert Woods has put it is Sapphire 2, I think meaning it is Sapphire Light 2, but the abbreviation has unintentionally added further confusion as Sapphire is a class Richardsons once ran

Dan

• Like 2

The amount of confusion, misinformation and false assumptions made on Facebook never fails to amaze me.

Three people with five different versions, all off them wrong. Conclusions jumped to and the boat misidentified numerous times despite the fact that someone from HW posted and corrected the errors

Thank goodness for this forum.

• Like 8

Good old Facebook, champion of complete nonsense on numerous occasions. Must have been a horrible experience for the occupants in the middle of their holiday. Lets hope the underwater obstruction is either removed or marked up promptly (unlike the Thames obstruction we were grounded on recently).

• Like 4

Thank heavens for this site.   I dont do Face Book or Twitter or whatever it is called this week.     As Broads01 says it must have been a horrible experience and I do hope it has not put them off of a Broads holiday.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

The amount of confusion, misinformation and false assumptions made on Facebook never fails to amaze me.

Three people with five different versions, all off them wrong. Conclusions jumped to and the boat misidentified numerous times despite the fact that someone from HW posted and corrected the errors.

I’ve had a look on FB this morning and can find no mention of it! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gracie said:

If you need good, honest information on the Broads this is the place to be

At least everyone on board are okay and they get to finish their holiday

Grace x

Absolutely.  We are blessed.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, ExSurveyor said:

Three people with five different versions, all off them wrong. Conclusions jumped to and the boat misidentified numerous times despite the fact that someone from HW posted and corrected the errors

Thank goodness for this forum.

I'm afraid it doesn't amaze me at all. Once we had CB radio it became clear that under the cloak that is annonimity there are a lot of what we think of as ordinary people, with very sick minds. The people doing it would probably say it's just a wind up but it shows a deep lack of respect. If caught, they would probably claim mental health issues. 

Thank goodness for moderation! 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Absolutely.  We are blessed.

We are I think. Some folk have a grumble about our pesky mods at times but because of them and the team it's the safest place to be

Bottom kissing emoji needed me thinks :default_biggrin:

Grace x

• Haha 4

Isn't it quite unusual for an obstruction capable of that much damage to be previously unknown about? BA seem to be on the ball and have yellow markers here and there all over the Broads as warnings.

• Like 2

What seems odd to me is that two of these boats have been holed and sunk within the last few years.

The C40 / C45's have a very heavy layup and one would expect them to be pretty difficult to put a hole in.

I can't help but wonder if there are other factors.

• Like 2

I'm very glad the Crew is safe and well at least Herbert Woods have helped out on accomodation for them as for the Boat that has got to be raised up and taken back to the Hw  yard as to where it sunk there should be yellow warnings posts along there. Plus a Sign Put up

• Like 2

Copied from Herbert Woods FB page.

Herbert Woods regrets to report that the hire boat Sapphire Light 2, currently on holiday on the Norfolk Broads, struck a metal key heading whilst turning which unfortunately resulted in the vessel taking on water and eventually sinking. The boat remains in situ, and we are working closely with local authorities to ensure the situation is managed safely and effectively.

The safety of our customers is our highest priority. We are pleased to confirm that all individuals aboard Sapphire Light 2 are safe and unharmed. Alternative accommodations have been arranged for the crew to ensure their continued comfort.

We advise other vessels in the vicinity to exercise caution while navigating past the area where Sapphire Light 2 is located. We are coordinating with relevant authorities to assess the situation and necessary action is taken to prevent further incidents. The Broads authority have been alerted, they are monitoring the situation closely to ensure safety to all by highlighting the location of the Sapphire Light 2 with yellow beacons.

A thorough investigation is currently underway to determine the full extent of the situation and subsequent return to the marina.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1