Hire Cruiser Sunk

Thank you Ray.  No we are not going to be dictated as to what we can and not say.  All within reason obviously.   I don't  think this site is guilty  of this.  It is the members themselves getting  their knickers in a twist.     Open forum is paramount to enable all opinions to be aired,  however obtuse they appear at times.   May be I am reading it wrong but I hope not.

• Like 7

Thread drift , agreed , it’s part of the NBN’s allure to many and will always happen similar with speculation which in this case has been cleared up very quickly , another  part of the NBN is its friendly nature and banter  hopefully we can keep it this way.

As far as what the future holds for Brooms boats and HPC only those at the helm can decide and I’m sure we will hear from them when decisions are made and the time is right for them to let us know.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Ray said:

Speculation is completely harmless, for goodness sake guys it's a discussion forum, nothing said here has any effect in the real world... nobody reading this forum will be confused by the difference between speculation and factual posts of information by stake holders in whatever is being discussed.

We're all intelligent adults aren't we, no need for thought police surely... Really? Come on!

Treating members like children who don't understand the "grown up world" is insulting and self defeating. This is not the mad, conspiracy edge of the internet, allow conversation without the lectures that just come across as condescending and that say nothing more than "look at me being sensible"

I accept your right to an opinion, for me it is purely a question of respect of an individual or businesses privacy, in this case a respected member of the forum, perhaps I am showing my age in the way I was brought up.

Fred

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray said:

We're all intelligent adults aren't we, no need for thought police surely... Really? Come on!

You speak for yourself :default_biggrin:

isn't most conversations based on speculation. As long as we don't damage a business or reputation through speculation surely healthy debate is a good thing

I never drift a thread :facepalm:

Grace x

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

Looks like Broom's boats have been withdrawn from Hoseasons for 2025. No availability search on their own website but perhaps it's still being written...that or the hire fleet isn't operating after November this year? 

Looks like this is now running from today... quick work there!

https://www.broomboats.com/

• Like 3

On the original topic of the thread - I spoke to Herbert Woods today and apparently the engine was left running as the cruiser went down so apparently this caused increased issues with recovery. HW are hopeful of having the cruiser back up and running from the start of next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, JamieMetro said:

On the original topic of the thread - I spoke to Herbert Woods today and apparently the engine was left running as the cruiser went down so apparently this caused increased issues with recovery. HW are hopeful of having the cruiser back up and running from the start of next year.

If they follow the same path as the last one the boat will be written  off by the insurance then they will buy it back refurbish it and put it back in hire with a new name. 

• Like 1

Andrew maybe you get a meerkat with every booking riding a fold up bike that should cover most situations . Just joking but would be great when signing the insurance waver to be introduced to your own Meerkat to make sure you had the best deal.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YnysMon said:

That one doesn't work now either. I've googled Broom Boats and it looks like their website has crashed. Ooo-er. 

I imagine there’s an issue and they’ve taken it down as a short term solution, but I think it’ll be back up fairly soon.

• Like 2

Here’s the thing Hylander… you don’t have the comeback for the Forum if saying x or y does cause a problem…and there are occasions when there has been a business unfairly pilloried. The comeback is on the mod team and ultimately the chairman. Therefore if we are asked to tone it down, there will be a good reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

H.W's cruiser - Update:-

There is a fist sized hole just below the waterline near the stern.  They got the engine running Saturday, clean her up refit the interior and then she'll be ready for happy families holibobs

Griff 

• Like 3

On 19/08/2024 at 09:59, Polly said:

Here’s the thing Hylander… you don’t have the comeback for the Forum if saying x or y does cause a problem…and there are occasions when there has been a business unfairly pilloried. The comeback is on the mod team and ultimately the chairman. Therefore if we are asked to tone it down, there will be a good reason.

I cannot see the relevance of this post.    Why are you mentioning me?   I am in agreement that the Moderators do their job.    

• Like 1