Help Needed To Find A Holiday

I am hoping that someone may be able to help me find a short break for end of September.

Looking for a nice caravan or chalet with hot tub for the two of us plus our little very well behaved Shih Tzu

We had a break booked at Ludham but received a phone call from Hoseasons cancelling it because the owners of the property had removed it from the listing.

We then searched around and managed to book a very nice caravan at Hemsby Beach (Richardsons)

We paid the balance for the holiday a couple of weeks ago as required. Everything fine and really looking forward to the break.

Yesterday I received a phone call from Hemsby Beach to tell me that they had to cancel our booking because someone had booked the whole site (all accommodation) for the week we had booked.

I find it amazing that they can do this to however many families had holidays booked for that week.

Anyone know of anywhere in the area we may be able to find a holiday?

Jeff

• Like 2

Crikey Jeff, sorry to hear about your cancellations 

Not sure if it's your thing but Cherry Tree holiday park do Lodges with hot tubs also The Waveney River Center, not sure if they are pet friendly though

If you go into Yare View Holiday Cottages they have a Lodge with hot tub too

I do hope you manage to find somewhere, good luck

Grace x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think availability around that time is starting to become tricky, as people have got wise to warmer weather later in the year and the chance to grab a bargain.

There's a place called Parsley at How Hill with a hot tub. I've just gone to see how pricey it is, but it seems like it might be booked up until the last few days of September.

The other place I was going to look was an Airbnb on the road down to Womack Staithe belonging to Rupert Latham. I can't even find a listing for it now. I wonder if it's the same place you booked originally?

3 hours ago, Gracie said:

Not sure if it's your thing but Cherry Tree holiday park do Lodges with hot tubs also The Waveney River Center, not sure if they are pet friendly though

Grace x

I thought about you today as I passed the Waveney River Centre.... No, not like that :default_eusa_naughty: 
There was a young teenager fishing and he smiled and gave me a wave, made me think that's the sort of polite, well behaved teenager that Gracie would have....   Most fishermen just give me the finger, or at best ignore me!!  

As for Jeff give Air BnB a go, I've used it a few times for work as some hotel costs are spiraling and so far all have been really good.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Karizma said:

Hippersons boat yard in Beccles has a number of accommodation options that you might want to take a look at. One of the 'pods' (secret garden) does have a hot tub if thats a 'must have'.

https://www.hippersons.co.uk/stay

Obviously I'm not aware of availability, but certainly worth a call if interested ........

We stayed in one of their pods last year, wild cat island & loved it. We're going again at the beginning of September.

The secret island pod was in a lovely setting & although not directly on the river only a 2min walk.

Good luck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

I thought about you today as I passed the Waveney River Centre.... No, not like that :default_eusa_naughty: 
There was a young teenager fishing and he smiled and gave me a wave, made me think that's the sort of polite, well behaved teenager that Gracie would have....   Most fishermen just give me the finger, or at best ignore me!!  

As for Jeff give Air BnB a go, I've used it a few times for work as some hotel costs are spiraling and so far all have been really good.  

Thank you Neil. I was raised to be polite, not sure about well behaved though :default_biggrin: I am a maniac, crazy wave person. I even waved at boats from the bank as they passed last year, I got some waves but I also got looks as if to say "Yep, there's a nutter" :default_biggrin:

Apologies Jeff for the thread drift

I do hope you get sorted

Grace x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Yesterday I received a phone call from Hemsby Beach to tell me that they had to cancel our booking because someone had booked the whole site (all accommodation) for the week we had booked.

I find it amazing that they can do this to however many families had holidays booked for that week.

That's absolutely appalling, complete greed and to hell with all the customers affected.

• Like 1

UPDATE.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we have now arranged another holiday which will be totally different.

We will be spending a week in the middle of nowhere at a working farm chatting to the sheep and alpacas amongst other things

Jeff

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 14/08/2024 at 14:07, dom said:

I think availability around that time is starting to become tricky, as people have got wise to warmer weather later in the year and the chance to grab a bargain.

There's a place called Parsley at How Hill with a hot tub. I've just gone to see how pricey it is, but it seems like it might be booked up until the last few days of September.

The other place I was going to look was an Airbnb on the road down to Womack Staithe belonging to Rupert Latham. I can't even find a listing for it now. I wonder if it's the same place you booked originally?

Is that the same Rupert Latham that was involved with Ernest Collins boatyard in Wroxham in the 70s ? We hired boats from there until they were taken over by Powels. 

34 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Is that the same Rupert Latham that was involved with Ernest Collins boatyard in Wroxham in the 70s ? We hired boats from there until they were taken over by Powels. 

I believe so, yes. I always associate him with the Steam and Electric Launch Company.

In the early 80s, Rupert, Ian Russell and Jack Chippendale converted a load of old barns from derelict into a small art and craft centre where people could visit and see craftsmen and boatbuilders at work. It was near where I lived at the time, right where Ashmanhaugh, Tunstead and Hoveton parishes meet - but they decided to call it Wroxham Barns, due to Wroxham claiming the title of capital of The Broads. I suspect the latter was probably a very shrewd move and a major factor in their success.

I'm not entirely sure what happened in the end, but I presume the retail part of Wroxham Barns was profitable to a degree which meant the space could be put to better use and Steam & Electric moved to Ludham Foundry. When Rupert retired, any remaining tooling, etc went to Landamores. I think the current Frolic sold by Landamores is still based on the same design.

• Thanks 1