2 Weeks........

Smoggy

7 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

How long and how many litres from Lowestoft to Southwold? Just interested.

Are they Volvo engines and what sort of revs do you cruise at she sounded strong and even on the videos.

Is there an optimum cruising speed. Don't want to be nosey but interested. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

The one time we worked it out over a 2 week trip I reconed on about 50 litres an hour at 16 knots so not frugal in any way, they are 2x 150hp volvo tmd41a's @ 3000rpm, they'll rev to 3900 and give me 21 knots but I don't fancy that fuel consumption. 

We were against the tidal stream by the time we got out so only making about 13-14 knots over ground, had angled rollers in the southwold entrance that made it interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Shafts, ms4a gearboxes.

I've only seen those engines on outdrives before now. Must be a bit of a squeeze height wise.

Have you got much space in the rear lazarette, or is it all taken up by fuel tanks?

• Like 1

This is very nicely done.

20240826_120921.thumb.jpg.87bd3ae8d1e0feaab7e53587e6abf55d.jpg

20240826_120912.thumb.jpg.9ed48ea5b911bff23d4c6cbdd258ec0d.jpg

On the road down to southwold Harbour by the golf course.

Looks like we'll stop here till Wednesday now and just head back into the southern broads as the winds are shown to turning easterly next week. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, maynard said:

Ha ha... how much is a pint in there now? Got to be near £7 being Southwold.  Fish and chips £15? 

£5.60 for the blackshore, I think it's £5.30 for southwold bitter.

Not cheap.....

• Like 1

Off back to the Broads shortly booked on to 2.30 bridge lift and 3.15 at mutford.

4 days of pitstop cafe brekkies has done us well, so much so that we've not needed evening meals except for sharing a kids size pizza last night in the nelly. 

• Like 5

Just spent an evening in oulton broad getting change from a fiver for 2 pints, that's a bit different from southwold for sure, I'm certain at a weekend we'd both absolutely hate the waveney Inn but a quietish Wednesday night was fairly entertaining and damned cheap.

• Like 4