Alan Lister

This is going to be a long shot but if anyone can help it would be gratefully appreciated. I am searching for an Alan Lister. In the mid 1970’s he had a boat on the Broads at Wroxham. When in employment he used to work for the Civil Service at The Department of the Environment opposite Lambeth Bridge in London. He was also a Supervisor for a Cleaning Company that had a contract with the Royal Army Medical Corps in the evenings. If anyone you know fits this description I’d love to hear from you. Many Thanks!

4 hours ago, dom said:

As you say, it's a bit of a long shot.

To try and shorten the odds, do you have any idea of the area where they moored? Or the type/style of boat?

4 hours ago, dom said:

As you say, it's a bit of a long shot.

To try and shorten the odds, do you have any idea of the area where they moored? Or the type/style of boat?

I'm really sorry but I don't have the answers to those questions - I'm afraid I'm not going to have much luck. However, I really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to contact me. The long shot has got even longer!

No problem! I considered him a good friend in the first half of the 1970's and very much regret losing touch with him. We both worked in the Civil Service at The Department Of The Environment but in different sections. We'd meet up in the evenings to earn extra cash by doing a cleaning job at the Royal Army Medical Building near our daytime buildings. He was a Supervisor and I was a mere cleaner! Nothing Sinister!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SearchingforAlanLister said:

No problem! I considered him a good friend in the first half of the 1970's and very much regret losing touch with him. We both worked in the Civil Service at The Department Of The Environment but in different sections. We'd meet up in the evenings to earn extra cash by doing a cleaning job at the Royal Army Medical Building near our daytime buildings. He was a Supervisor and I was a mere cleaner! Nothing Sinister!

I hope you understand my asking. I have encountered a similar situation where there was something sinister!

And reading the above narrows it down to a five year period but could be anywhere and we don't know your name. 

Of course, should we find Mr Lister we should still give him your name and see if he wishes to get in touch and not just tell you where he is.