Voltages for charging

I have just returned from a "Hire from hell"(four nights /three days) in the yard on a nine day trip!) and need some information / confirmation before posting some potentially derogatory comments!

If I am doing 2200 revs on a Broads hire-cruiser should the voltmeter show 10-11 volts with only the fridge actually actively connected. (I would have expected 13-14 volts myself!)

Does this indicate that I, as the hirer, am not doing enough engine hours to keep the domestic batteries charged?

If the yard have to replace the domestic batteries every 2 days with "fully charged" ones am I right in saying that something is not right!

Am I wrong to think that Ranworth - Stalham - Horning in a day should have topped up the batteries?

Doesn't sound right to me Martin. I suspect a knackered alternator or regulator. Sounds to me like the voltage you were seeing on the gauge was actually the charge in the batteries, not what they should have been getting from the alternator. You should certainly have seen 13-14V with the engine running.