Thorpe Island mooring

brandenjg

Hi everyone

I'm looking for a mooring and live 10 minutes walk from thorpe green. I was wondering if anyone on here has any contact details of the person in charge of moorings on thorpe island and a rough idea of annual mooring costs for a 14ft boat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :grin:

Im doing work over there at to mo, Think the owner is Rodger, if you get no instant joy on here i will get you a number within next day or so. how are you planing to get over to the Island when you want your boat? not sure what access is like, the residents have dingys to go back and forth.

Hi MBA, I've got an inflatable tender with a 2hp on the back so access isn't a problem. I saw a crane and two cars on the island opposite the town house pub today, not sure how they got there though.

If no one else gets back to me, if you could pm me the number that would be great :grin:

There used to be a ferry taking people and cars over, im not sure if its still in operation, I have never used it. moorings are available in the basin with no electric priced at 50p per foot per week I make that £364 a year for you, I dont know if the dreaded VAT can/will be added.

I will send you Rogers number in a PM as I dont know him enough to know if he's happy for it forum posted.

Mark

Thorpe Island still has an access bridge, though I'm not sure what the access rights are now.

Back in the 60's it used to take vehicular traffic as well.

Moorings around the Island have been the subject of much heated debate on other forums on the web, due to the number of houseboats now moored there.

If you Google just "Thorpe Island", you will see how big an issue it has become.

post-669-136713902234_thumb.jpg

Thorpe Island still has an access bridge, though I'm not sure what the access rights are now.

Back in the 60's it used to take vehicular traffic as well.

Moorings around the Island have been the subject of much heated debate on other forums on the web, due to the number of houseboats now moored there.

If you Google just "Thorpe Island", you will see how big an issue it has become.

Do you realy want to start dragging the court case rubbish up? If so I shall not comment as my views may get me in trouble!!!!!!

Do you realy want to start dragging the court case rubbish up? If so I shall not comment as my views may get me in trouble!!!!!!

I have to confess I find your comment very unfair Mark.

I wanted to help answer Brandenjg's questions and was most careful to not take sides or "drag" anything up.

I never mentioned anything about Courts, you did.....

I have to confess I find your comment very unfair Mark.

I wanted to help answer Brandenjg's questions and was most careful to not take sides or "drag" anything up.

I never mentioned anything about Courts, you did.....

Sorry no offence aimed at you, that was not my meaning just the issues arround the Island i find very sad. sorry again.

Certainly lots of History at Thorpe Island.

Its a shame it cant be easily sorted out.

Maybe if the bridge is blown up, it could be a pirate island and used as a Tax haven for Norwich Businessmen ? :naughty:

Access to Cayenne Marina is over the bridge, which is fully operational and usable. There is car parking on the island.

After the recent Public Inquiry it looks like the problems may be over for this marina, fingers crossed, although the decision isn't due for a few weeks yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi manko. I went to have a look at the bridge today and its gate is well and truly locked and barbed wired. It does however have a 3 digit combo lock so maybe once i'm moored on the island someone will tell me the combo. Or not. :?

I've been reading up on the access and it seems that the problems are being sorted so fingers crossed.