• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Antares_9

A Hell of a Cruise

B---dy ell david that cruise could take months and months to finish and cost a huge amount of dosh..would be very interesting tho.

As you say Barry, a long way, the reason it interests me so much is that it's being done in one of the boats on our short list for the replacement of Kingfisher, a test like that tells a great deal.

This looks very interesting I shall be keen to follow the progress.

It is a heck of a trip but will take in some stunning scenery.

Sort of put the round Britain journey into perspective.

Should be a good one to follow. :Stinky

As you say Barry, a long way, the reason it interests me so much is that it's being done in one of the boats on our short list for the replacement of Kingfisher, a test like that tells a great deal

can i have ago when you get one David please sir pweety pwease :naughty::naughty::lol::lol:

Jonny

As you say Barry, a long way, the reason it interests me so much is that it's being done in one of the boats on our short list for the replacement of Kingfisher, a test like that tells a great deal.

It'll certainly take you anywhere, David, but your fuel bill will go up somewhat if you travel at Kingfisher's speed! :clap:clap:clap

The Swift Trawler on shakedown.

What’s the best way to shakedown a brand-new 34-foot trawler before you take it on a four-month, 6500-mile passage? Take it on a 158-mile journey up the Chesapeake Bay from Norfolk, VA, to Annapolis in a hefty 25-knot blow, of course. And that’s exactly what Annapolis Yacht Sales’ Patrick Hopkins, Beneteau intern Axel Traineau, and I did on May 10, only five days before the boat was to embark on a long adventure around America’s Great Loop.

http://vimeo.com/42286239

It has a single 450HP Cummins John so will burn a bit more fuel but is quite frugal at lower speeds.

It has a single 450HP Cummins John so will burn a bit more fuel but is quite frugal at lower speeds.

Yes I noticed that in the tech specs but I was thinking about a sensible cruise speed for a 100NM sea-crossing of about 6-7 hours.

That would be burning about 32l/hour, which isn't that bad, is it? :clap:clap:clap