Broad Ambition

Baz

Just read a message from Griff on the NBF, skipper of BA, that they are due to leave the West India Dock at 3 this afternoon, and due to arrive in Lowestoft at 0700 Wednesday morning. Just like to wish him and the crew good luck.

Baz :Stinkycheersbar

What are they jet propelled. That is quick isnt it. Do hope they get back safely.

They did it in 16 hours on the way down but they had a very calm sea. I imagine the return trip might take longer if the sea is rougher. Still, the forecast is for the wind to get stronger by Friday so they probably don't want to delay. As ex-Navy they should know what they're taking on.

Just had a quick look on YachtWeather, they should have a reasonable sea state overnight with average wave heights of 0.60m from Southend up to Felixstowe, although as usual picking up to over a meter as they get towards Lowestoft, should be interesting for them.

I will set my alarm in the morning and pop down to lowestoft with camera in hand to hopefully catch them coming in.

bloody fantastic job they have done & there in the recored books from now on & will be passed down through there family & im shure so will BA when her time is ready :naughty::naughty:

jonny

All good intentions and all that, up bright and early, down on the pier at Lowestoft at 6.30am to catch a few pictures of Broads Ambition coming in. At about 7.25 had a quick look on NBN and see that Roy had posted up saying that they were now safe on Lake Lothing. I then drove up to Mutford Lock to catch them coming through. So here are a few shots as they came through the lock into OBY's

post-167-136713912757_thumb.jpg

post-167-136713912793_thumb.jpg

post-167-136713913101_thumb.jpg

post-167-136713913128_thumb.jpg

post-167-136713913154_thumb.jpg

post-167-136713913182_thumb.jpg

post-167-136713913182_thumb.jpg

Great to see Griff and the crew made it back safely, they did say they had a very uncomfortable night with wave heights approaching 8ft. Although very tired the crew were all very glad to be back on the Broads and ready for a big breakfast.

post-167-136713913207_thumb.jpg

Great pics Col and well done to the crew of BA. I must admit I did look at the wx yesterday and the tide tables and wind direction and was a little concerned for them, but experience counts for everything. Good call Griff :pirate :pirate

Go Navy !!

We were moored at Oulton Dyke on Wednesday and, looking out

the window, there's Griff and Co cruising by on their way to Acle

for the night (Spoke to him on the phone as he went by). He told

me about the voyage home and said that he would'nt put BA through

that ever again! Even Breydon could'nt throw anything at them to

even give them any concern whatsoever!! They deserve the greatest

respect for what they achieved. cheers