bolero

Mark42

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We was speaking to a family in the Ship at Reedham on Sunday evening who told us that they saw Bolero go head on into the quayside on three separate occasions whilst maneuvering through Yarmouth on Sunday. They said it was bad, I didn't expect it to be that bad though. Ironically the people who told us were on one of Clives boats, the one that had the roof taken off when coming through Yarmouth last year.

I understand Bolero has been like this for a few days and has been sighted at different locations with this damage, which suggests the hirer has been allowed to continue with their holiday, I notice that the fender has been moved to the front, you would have thought she would have been sent back to the yard for speedy repair for the next hirer. But maybe the current hirer was not at fault for this and they have been hit.

I understand Bolero has been like this for a few days and has been sighted at different locations with this damage, which suggests the hirer has been allowed to continue with their holiday, I notice that the fender has been moved to the front, you would have thought she would have been sent back to the yard for speedy repair for the next hirer. But maybe the current hirer was not at fault for this and they have been hit.

You have to wonder if the current hirer has even bought if to the attention of Richardsons.

Well i am suprised that it has not been brought to anybodys attention before now, surely somebody from Richardsons must have noticed this on the other site a few days ago, you would have to ram the bank at full throttle to cause this type of damage. With all the rain that we have had I would not sleep well on this boat.

A really sad sight, but she was definitely running around like that for a couple of days before going back.

Good luck sorting it out Clive.

By the way - its polite to ask people before you download and use their photos elsewhere.

Quite amazing how they can repair that amount of damage in a few days, do we know how it happened ?

Dolphin

If this was your photo then I appolgise for not asking your permission to post it on this site, I was so shocked to see that kind of damage that I never gave it any thought.

Well done for capturing the image for us all to see.

Regards

Hi,

Sorry I have not got any pics as she was (they are on the company camera)

I took these yesterday morning, I should really have done the same today :oops:

As you can see the rubber has been removed and the 'loose lump' put to one side...

The split area has been ground back to create a 'key' it will have a few layers of GRP on the outside which will be blended in at the 'knuckle' underneath and unfortunately (due to the time available) there will be a small step either side but you wont know it by the time we are done..

The inside will also have a few layers of matt.

We should be done tomorrow pm so I will try and get a photo or two, not too much detail as I cant give ALL our secrets away :naughty: :naughty

post-503-136713913863_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713913884_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713913903_thumb.jpg

I an sure she will soon look ship shape Clive thanks to your skilled guys.

You have my sympathy's re the damage, I am sure with the turn around in keeping the fleet running this sort of thing is a nightmare.

Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Clive, I often see your guys repairing damaged boats in the wet shed and am always impressed at the speed with which they can strip, repair, rebuild a boat. Whilst everyone (boat owners) dread being hit by another boat, I just hope if it ever happens to me it's one of your boats that hit me (I know you won't share my feelings) as I would have no worries about the quality or speed of repair.

Totally of topic, where was Broadadventure at the weekend ? the empty space looked lonely without your boat there. :grin:

Out of interest how did they manage to do so much damage?? :o

Dan

They hit something hard in Yarmouth (the quay i think) a few times (i think) :shocked

Totally of topic, where was Broadadventure at the weekend ? the empty space looked lonely without your boat there. :grin:

she was at Thurne open Regatta, :grin:

Looking very smart too!

cheersbar

Nice photo Howard cheers

Magnor was moored just in front next to 'Moonshadow' it looks asif I was out in a :Sailing thing called Copper captain,,, any more photos??

do you just constantly film then select stills :lol: