bolero

Mark42

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi clive, bloody hell them pic are shocking :o must put a lot of pressure on the guys having such a tight time line to get her back into the fleet. will this be a permenent repair or just to get to the end of the season ? wouldnt want the bill for that repair job !! bv looks stuning aswell,am i rite in thinging all the resto work on bv was done by the same team ?

I took these this morning,

she could have done with a few more coats of gel but time is short.

there is a bit more strength needed to be put inside, she also needs the repair polishing and the rubber replacing.

post-503-136713914308_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713914617_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713914643_thumb.jpg

Looking good Clive,where are the Workers,was it tea break time? :party: I would not have thought they had stopped,seeing the work they have done , you have amazing skilled workers there cheers

when we have all gone home at night, the Elves come in and do all the work :naughty:

they have done a bloody good job though havent they :grin:

I have some more photos but they only show it looking shiney without the rubber on so will leave them off for now.

Wow! that's amazing work and just shows how good Richardsons are. It's easy to seem like a decent operation when things run smoothly, but it's really only when there's a tough challenge that you can truly see how great a team is.

That was the worst damage I personally have ever seen on a hire boat and if I were Clive I would have been absolutely b****y furious as well as frustrated with the logisitics of sorting this out.

Yesterday our 6 month old car was written off (with us in it!) but I have to say that the sight of the damage to the car did not offend me as much as the damage to Bolero! - boats are beautiful, a Vauxhall Insignia does not have the same attraction ( well not to us anyway!)

Hats off to all the chaps involved with the repair :clap

( I'll say nothing aimed at whoever caused the damage .....)

Karen

Thanks Roy & Diane

We spent a few hours at the hospital. Lots of black and blue areas! And some very sore ribs and shoulder, broken finger, that sort of thing. Mike says luckily his good looks are intact! (lol), no mention of mine...

Not sure I can tie up any ropes at the mo but I dont think Mike will be putting me on the helm instead.

See you soon - hope you got your leak sorted.

Karen

Hi Karen

Sorry to hear about your accident. A policewomam tried to park in my boot at rather high speed about ten years ago and it was a horrible experience, but if you are Ok that's the main as the car can be replaced but you cant... I was absolutely amazed I got out of the car with no problems given the state of it (my brain could not process when I looked at it this squashed up thing was actually my nice new car!) and on the plus side pehaps you could even replace it with a proper vehicle this time! :naughty:

Whilst I can understand some damage and that we can all mess it up occasionally it baffles me how they could repeatedly hit a wall.... perhaps sometimes it is a genuine accident though I think I would be firebombing their house if I was the yard owner! :lol:

Take care

Dan

on the plus side pehaps you could even replace it with a proper vehicle this time! :naughty: Dan

:lol:

Well all I can say is it's HIS car not mine - you should know better than that! - and in his defence, it's a business vehicle...

And yes, we hope to get something different, though it stood up to the hefty collision rather well.

But back to Bolero...

... I would love to know what actually happened. As you say Dan, we all make mistakes but that was one hell of a wack ( a few actually, or so I gather). Elsewhere, the suggestion has been that it involved use of (or incorrect use between) the dual steer positions. Can Clive enlighten us?

Karen

Hi Karen,

Glad to hear you are ok, the only thing wrong with the boat was perhaps the nob on the handle :naughty:

we don't want to upset the next hirer so as there was nothing available to swap them onto we pulled out all the stopps to get her out.

the only thing wrong with the boat was perhaps the nob on the handle :naughty:

:lol:

You and your chaps have done a fantastic repair job so I guess your pride in that can help make up for any nob problems you have to deal with ;) And the next hirers have not had their holiday messed up, so Customer Service at it's very best ( But Diane and Judy have always proved how good the office are at that)

We are fine thanks- would be much more upset if it was our boat, rather than the car, that was totalled!

cheers, Karen

Clive,

If you lay up the front of your new boat moulds, then put the nose mouldings into stock. When a throttle happy hirer does 'a Bolero' you can do the boat world version of a F1 style nose change. I would think two of your chaps could cut out the old, prefix in the new, bond the underside and gel repair the top in a day rub strip on next morning and out the door.

There was never a bow guard made for the Alpha mouldings, there will be soon ;)

We have not got round to making one for the RC45 but there will be very soon ;);)

we have bow guard moulds for virtually every shape boat on the rivers which are layed up ready to use but as they have only been cast off a hull they are about a quarter inch too small and are very hard to fit at the waterline

Saw the boat moored outside the Ferry at Horning last week. First thoughts were how are they going to fix that, but after seeing the repair all I can say is wow! and done in such a short time too. Well done Richardsons!

Oh and any change Clive's boat elves could pop round one night and give my boat a clean and polish? cheersbar

No problem, but you may need to give me some money so that we can leave some food and drink for them, :naughty: