Norwich "Morrisons" moorings - caution!!

AdnamsGirl

We've just got back from a week on the southern rivers and I thought I'd better post up a word of caution about the informal, short stay moorings in Norwich between the Carrow and Novi Sad bridges.

We usually stop here so that we can pick up supplies at Morrisons during the week and attempted to moor there on Saturday. As Kev came in slowly to moor, with me standing on the bow gathering the rope together, I happened to notice a submerged shopping trolley, almost slap bang in the middle of that stretch of moorings, right beside the quay heading. It was low water and I doubt it would have been visible had we arrived at high water. Thankfully I spotted it in time and got Kev to back off ..... it was close though!

I don't know who has responsibility for these moorings and whether I should report the underwater obstruction to the Broads Authority?

Just exercise some caution if attempting to moor there at the moment. In the end we decided to head on up to the Yacht Station instead.

Carol

As I appear to have umpteen phone numbers in my mobile number for River Control etc - can someone let us have the correct telephone number to call in this kind of circumstance please. Also if anyone has the telephone number for the control at Breydon that would be very useful.

Hi

The river control number is 01603 756056.

Also Mrs Nog rang the Breydon control last december - she has 2 numbers recorded, think it could be the second one, perhaps someone could confirm?

01493 700006 ,01493 651275 cheersbar

Not too sure what Breydon Control is...........

But we use Gt Yarmouth Port Control on 01493 335520 (who presently control Breydon)

and Gt Yarmouth Tide Hts on 01493 335520

and Gt Yarmouth Yacht Station on 01493 842794

Hope this helps! :wave

Hi John

We rang the Gt Yarmouth control (01493 335520) who then gave us another number to contact Breydon Bridge. We wanted to check the conditions over Breydon as it was a tad breezy! Unfortunatly Mrs N cant remember which number is which but one of them should be the bridge number.

cheersbar