Ballast

you could always eat more pies or get down the gym depending on if you need to add or loose on the helm side!

I spent the past three years trying to put weight back on after dropping to under 10 stone in early 2009. Funny what stress and climbing up and down a 180 foot high recycled asphalt plant can do for your figure lol.

We need 69Kg of ballast to do the trick....only prob is where to stash it :naughty:

I have to ask the question Jim, why was the calorifier not fitted more centraly in the first instance? possibly it would have needed to be a bit smaller and of of a different design but this way not only do we have the added weight of what is quite a large calorifier for a 23' boat but the ballast too, that's going to do wonders for the performance when you want to plane it.

Hi David,

The old calorifier was tiny and sat right on the keel line. None of the current units would have fitted in that space so the only option was to use the shelf in the engine bay. From the research I did, a lot of Falcon 22 and 23 models also have their units fitted where ours is as there is so little space between the cabin floors and hull except along the centre line. The only other thing we could have done is lose the larger Aquaflow water tank which is on the centre line but that would only leave 7.5 gallons of cold water as opposed to 17.5.

Hobsons Choice I'm afraid or buy a bigger boat :naughty:

I spent the past three years trying to put weight back on after dropping to under 10 stone in early 2009. Funny what stress and climbing up and down a 180 foot high recycled asphalt plant can do for your figure lol.

We need 69Kg of ballast to do the trick....only prob is where to stash it :naughty:

Different reasons but i to struggle with weight, when i was employed (5 yrs ago) i was a comfortable 13st (im 6'2" so that wasnt too heavy) after a year of self employment i was half stone lighter, then i was hit with a violent stomarch bug, ate very little for a week and finished just under 11.5st it took me ages to regain my weight and i still cant get past 12.5st. some would think its great but its every bit as bad as being over weight.