Any waterside pubs with sky sports?

Hi everyone

Im taking the boat and tent and going broads camping on saturday. I was wondering if anyone knew of any pubs I could moor at for a few hours between Norwich & Rockland st Mary which will have the Haye v Chisora fight on.

I'm only looking to watch the fight and have a pint before heading off to the camping spot for the night.

Thanks in advance cheersbar

Hi

I don’t tend to watch TV but I’ll try to answer as best I can.

The only pub on the Broads that I am pretty sure has Sky is the Kings Arms at Ludham. I’m also pretty sure that the Shed and Kings Head at Wroxham and the Sutton Staithe Hotel have Sky too. Otherwise I think you might struggle. One of pubs at Oulton Broad may have it.

The problem is the ridiculous amounts Sky charge pubs which puts it out of the reach of most Broadland hostelries which are struggling enough as it is.

There are not that many pubs between Norwich and Rockland and I don’t think any have Sports that I am aware of. You will struggle to catch the Woods End open in any event. You might be better to stick with Norwich, I would imagine pubs like the Compleat Angler will have Sky sports on.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful, other members may have better knowledge than me!

cheersbar

Hi everyone

Im taking the boat and tent and going broads camping on saturday. I was wondering if anyone knew of any pubs I could moor at for a few hours between Norwich & Rockland st Mary which will have the Haye v Chisora fight on.

I'm only looking to watch the fight and have a pint before heading off to the camping spot for the night.

Thanks in advance cheersbar

hi brandenj, i think i saw somewhere that the ferry at horning also have sky , lori cheersice slice

i think i saw somewhere that the ferry at horning also have sky , lori cheersice slice

I don't think that's in his target area Lori :naughty:

You could try the Yare at Brundall. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure they have a big screen in the public bar, so could be worth a ring.

You could try the Yare at Brundall. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure they have a big screen in the public bar, so could be worth a ring.

I pass it every time I go to Swancraft but don’t go in every time. As Mark suggests, might be worth giving them a bell. Its as good a bet as any.

Phone number is 01603 713786

cheersbar