Affixing short visit toll.

Guest SetFair

As most, if not all of you, have annual plates and plaques, this might be a strange question........

I've just received my short visit toll "plates" which are basically a number printed on paper with a self adhesive backing. The instructions say that the "self adhesive numbers must be displayed on both sides of the vessel". Given that they're self adhesive, I guess you just stick them somewhere on the port and starboard.

Question - these plates ain't waterproof so what do the BA expect them to look like after a few days of rain?

stuck them on the inside but dont take them off there paper use some sticky take & take it to the window or you will have a really painful job getting them off ...

Jonny

I've currently got a set on the boat, they last about 6 days in the rain till they become unreadable. You'd think the BA would of designed them better as within the 2 weeks of me buying a second set they had sold about 80 short visit tolls (all of which would be unreadble by now), but I guess it saves costs. Luckily I received a slip of paper with all the details of the toll which i keep in the boat incase any broads rangers come along.

Hello Setfair,

The yearly stickers are on vinyl. I would take a couple of copies so you have some spares. They should be placed on the front of the boat, some people put them on the rails if they have them.

If you have the means you put the stickers in laminated pockets.

Regads

Alan

If you have the means you put the stickers in laminated pockets.

Regards

Alan

Had a quiet moment today so used the work's laminator :norty: .

And guess who forgot to take copies before laminating - doh. :oops: