That was lucky

brandenjg

Hi everyone

I've just got back from the boat after a little run around thorpe island to check my engine was still running ok. Unfortunately I got half way round the island when my engine cut out infront of a broads tours boat :? I checked the engine over as the boat went past and everything seemed fine. Fortunately dad was with me and with his keen mind and years of experience made me look very stupid. The words "Did you put any petrol in the tank" will leave me the butt of family jokes for a while to come :oops: . After floating in the middle while frantically trying to get the oars out, luckily, a couple in a small boat pulled up alongside us as we drifted down the river and let us have some fuel to get back to the mooring. If the couple are forum members I would just like to say a big thank you :clap and that it's good to know that people on the broads are there to lend a hand with a smile, a wave (and a bit of fuel) when you need them.

And you'll all be happy to know that I've now completely filled the tank with £16 of fuel and plan on topping it up everytime im out and about rather than when it's running low.

Ps I hope everyone has a great time out on their boats now that the weathers perked up :pirate