Six weeks and counting

Brian J.

We have booked Silver Mystique from Silverline boats for a week from 15th September.

It will be fifty years since I last hired a Broads cuiser so I would imagine a lot has changed in that time.

We had our own boat on the Thames until a couple of years ago, but dodgy knees and a bad back forced us to sell up. I just hope that between my other half and myself that we can manage to get ashore to moor up - where ever that may be.

We have no definate plans yet as to where we will head off to, although with the tide times for that week it looks as though we will stay south. If the weather is kind and the mood takes us, we may bite the bullet and spend extra on diesel and punch the tide for a couple of days up north.

If anyone is around that week, give us a wave, or possibly join us for a glass of vino!

Hello Brian,

Silverline is a good company, you should have no problems with them.

There are plenty of places to visit on the southern broads without traveling to the northern side.

The New Inn at Rockland St Mary is worth a visit, it is only a short trip from Brundall but might be a option for your first night assuming there is room in the staithe. Loddon on the River Chet is pleasant village that offers four pubs and a very good cafe, the staithe moorings provide sheltered moorings with some power hookups.

I prefer to moor at the Reedham Ferry rather than at Reedham, it is a good pub offering good food, shower facilities for moored boats even out of opening hours.

If you prefer Reedham it has three pubs and a tea room.

The mooring at Somerleyton are good and the Dukes Head is just up the lane from the moorings, the food here is very good.

At Beccles and Oulton Broad yacht stations you can book a mooring, there are electric hook ups and shower facilities at Beccles there is also washing machines and dryers in the toilet blocks.

Beccles is a nicce little town, but it is about 15 to 20 minutes walk from the mooring.

We are not on our boat until the end of October but one of our owners will be aboard.

Have a good holiday.

Regards

Alan