Not sure if I sould ask but....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefox is blocking the NBF this morning - it's sending up a notice to say that it has been reported as a hacked site. I hope that Richard manages to get it sorted. In the meantime, hopefully Gary or Richard will post an update of the situation on the NBF Facebook page soon.

Carol

Hello All,

Yes NBF down also loads of spam messages on NBO a new user on there has 76 messages more than likely all spam.

Maurice (JTF) Roya is on the NBO forum, but I would not go on there until they have sorted out their issues.

Sadly in this day and age it is all to common for this to happen. We always keep reminding our customers to make sure that their daily backups are good and complete and are not incremental.

Regards

Alan

It might be best to avoid discussion of the merits and faults of the various forums on here - in the past it has led to some unpleasantness and will understandably result in this thread being removed. It does none of the forums any favours when it all starts to descend into a bun fight! :o

However, I'm sure that admin will be happy to allow a simple update thread on the situation at the NBF, given the apparent severity of the situation.

Carol

hi jtf

I seem to have become very confused (.com) about my nets, orgs and co.uks.

Life's so hard when your stupid

nbf ...... was created by richard when he lived in america many moons ago.

nbn ......was an off shoot of nbf by brian who lives in norwich and

nbo .....was an off shoot of this off shoot started by sue in coventry and pete in milton keynes

i hope that helps

im sure you will be welcome which ever one you visit as many peeps visit all of them.

jill :party2:

...and to complete the set, SC, ("Speakers Corner") was the Daddy of them all, started by James Clabburn of Norfolk Broads.com, the original local commercial site.

Hello Jill,

The NBF forum is partially up however I suggest that none of the members keep trying to log or even go into the website because it is trying to download a trojan.

If any of the members here are in contact with Richard I suggest he informs the members of NBF when it is safe to do so.

Regards

Alan

It looks like the server's off-line now, so presumably Richard is working on a solution. Looks like the origin was Moldovia. My avast! antivirus flagged it up and blocked the script, so, provided you've got an anti-virus program, there shouldn't be a problem for individuals.

I use Opera as my standard web browser and it stops the site loading before the antivrus has to intercede.

Much safer than IE, in any of it's incarnations...

As Carol suggested and Jill made clear we are always happy to accommodate updates when other similar sites are having issues, not to do so would be churlish in the extreme. However, denigration of other sites is not permitted here and any such posts will be removed or edited, as will any posts promoting or providing links to them.

I use Google Chrome for the search engine and AVG Antivirus. AVG flagged

up that there was Malware on the site and suggested not to use it as did

Chrome, so both doing their job.

Richard has PM'd me to say it's fixed but had to lose all June's posts and

suggested we change our passwords just in case.