Well done Ben and all waterborne Olympians

Boaters

As a motor boater with still an interest in rowing or sailing I must say how good it has been to see our successes on the Olympics on the TV .I thought the sailing today was well covered and even to the casual viewer they tried to use terms that explained what was happening ,but it is difficult to fully appreciate a sailing race without a little bit of knowledge.Having raced many moons ago things have not changed that much in the rules but technology has improved the boats no end.It seems we do extra well in events that require you to remain seated on a saddle or in a boat of some kind or just in the water.Lots more to look forward to ,and well done to all in Team GB and keep it coming,I am sure the rag and stick members will be pleased . cheerscheersbar:grin::wave:clap:dance:party:

Success for Nick Dempsey Norwich born windsurfer wins medal at Weymouth.I remember seeing one of the first windsurfers being sailed from Reg Whites yard in Brightlingsea many years ago and the verdict of members of the sailing club there were of the opinion that "it will never catch on " ,how wrong can we be.Seems that it is to be replaced by kite surfing ? Great medal tally so far,keep them coming. :trophy

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/olympics/n ... _1_1474182