Wroxham barns

Guest Jonny

If you have time while on holiday or you live local then visit

The ale shop insted of selling mini cask that they could only fill once they use these wine bag things that refresh the ale & can last upto 6 months £30 for over two gallons depending what ale you choose to put in it works out at £1.30 a pint the car was full to the point we were stuffed we couldn't take one back...

Now the apple cider shop right next door you have to visit bottles of pare & apple or apple with a hint of strawberry or pure apple juice there are a few to choose from none alcoholic just juice keep in the fridge to chill boy are they lush well worth getting some we brought six bottles back YUMMIE!!!!!!

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

I agree that the Wroxham Barnes is worth a visit if you are in the area but it is a very long walk from anywhere that you can moor at Wroxham. We have always gone by car but our legs protest a lot if we walk more than a mile or so.

I would think the Barnes are at least 2 miles or even 2.5 from Roy's.

Regards

Alan

I think it about time more boaters had bicycles to get out to these places, fold up ones dont take up that much room, or pop them on the tender to come through bridges. there is soooooo much more here than what you can get to from the water.

I think it about time more boaters had bicycles to get out to these places, fold up ones dont take up that much room, or pop them on the tender to come through bridges. there is soooooo much more here than what you can get to from the water.

a bike wouldn't take me would turn n burn (with an F1 engine sound to match) i need one of them golf buggies richo's & WRC have with a funny car horn)

jonny

Or a rickshaw for your sisters to pull you in, eh, Jonny? :grin::grin::grin:

Pmsl

I think I'm going to get one of those taquila horns for my dads car he would love it :lol::lol:

Jonny

I think it about time more boaters had bicycles to get out to these places

Unfortunately most hire yard explicitly ban you from carrying bikes on their boats so whilst the "privateers" can follow up on your suggestion those of us that hire will be left with hiring bikes from some of the cycle hire firms in the area.

I must say that the only time I have tried to go to Wroxham Barns I drove up there in the car, couldn't find a parking space large enough for our people carrier and simply drove away again before going some where else.

Considering that it was only April I reckon it must get really busy in high season.

Unfortunately most hire yard explicitly ban you from carrying bikes on their boats so whilst the "privateers" can follow up on your suggestion those of us that hire will be left with hiring bikes from some of the cycle hire firms in the area.

I must say that the only time I have tried to go to Wroxham Barns I drove up there in the car, couldn't find a parking space large enough for our people carrier and simply drove away again before going some where else.

Considering that it was only April I reckon it must get really busy in high season.

Not having many dealings with hire yards i was not aware this was the case, would be a nice idea if with all the new builds there was a dedicated locker for a pair of folding bikes that would be part of the hire package.

You must have picked a very busy day to go to wroxham barns, you said april was it a easter weekend? as there is loads of parking, i drive past it most days at all different times of the day, unless you have a very large poaple carrier (coach) im supprised you couldnt get parked, i run a mitsubishi 4x4 people carrier and i from what i see i could always park.

MBA Marine,

I agree with you re the parking, when we have been there there is usually ample parking and if memory serves me correctly don't they overspill onto a grassed area?

What a good idea re the dedicated locker on hire boats for fold up bikes, a lot better use than a microwave on a boat.

Regards

Alan

You said april was it a easter weekend? as there is loads of parking, i drive past it most days at all different times of the day, unless you have a very large poaple carrier (coach) im supprised you couldnt get parked, i run a mitsubishi 4x4 people carrier and i from what i see i could always park.

It was in the week leading up to Easter, so the kids were on holiday, and it was heaving with people and even the overflow car park was full.

We were on one of our many days out in the bus (not quite a coach but an eight seater people carrier, three adults and five kids) whilst the boat was back in the yard being worked on (yet again!) as they tried to sort out the heaing and battery problems.

We must have just gone there on the wrong day!

What a good idea re the dedicated locker on hire boats for fold up bikes, a lot better use than a microwave on a boat.

MMMMMMM,,,

Never had a boat with a microwave on it, or a boat with a dedicated bike locker...

But surely, if you wanted to heat up, lets say, a Frey Bentos pie, the microwave would do a lot better job than a bike locker.

Just a thought..

cheersbar

But surely, if you wanted to heat up, lets say, a Frey Bentos pie, the microwave would do a lot better job than a bike locker. cheersbar

Donnygeoff, with my elf & safety hat on...

Please don't heat up your Frey Bentos pies, or anything else in a metal container, in a microwave! :o:o:o

Please don't heat up your Frey Bentos pies, or anything else in a metal container, in a microwave!

Why not...

It is just a nice sparky effect

Not as bad as destroying the kitchen by.....

Taking the door off of a washing machine,

putting a screw in the lock, to make the machine think the door is closed,

putting it on spin

AND

Throwing a brick in....

PS, Thats why the other half does the cooking and washing around here.

:naughty::naughty:

A few years ago Jeremy Clarkson had a series where he messed about with microwave ovens by putting metal things in there to see what the results were, he did something different to a microwave on each programme usually where the contents blew up or the micrwave did.

I know Jeremy Clarkson is a bit like Marmite, love or hate but I never miss an episode of Top Gear.

Regards

Alan

quote]

Well.... we saw two bikes bungeed to a Ricco's boat this morning and they have the majority of hireboats..... :naughty::naughty::naughty: