BA double mooring policy and effects to insurance

ranworthbreeze

Hello Everyone,

I sent a reply I had back from the Broads Authority which I passed onto my insurance company.

The BA more or less said that they had consulted Navigators and General and their senior underwriter did not see a problem at the moment with double mooring.

I passed this information onto our insurance company that have now altered the excess back down, but not to the original amount.

It was £300 they said it would double to £600 and now it will be £450 if there is a claim whilst on a double mooring.

As I said earlier that this would not put me off double mooring if the conditions were alright, similar sized boat etc.

Regards

Alan

Hello Everyone,

I sent a reply I had back from the Broads Authority which I passed onto my insurance company.

The BA more or less said that they had consulted Navigators and General and their senior underwriter did not see a problem at the moment with double mooring.

I passed this information onto our insurance company that have now altered the excess back down, but not to the original amount.

It was £300 they said it would double to £600 and now it will be £450 if there is a claim whilst on a double mooring.

As I said earlier that this would not put me off double mooring if the conditions were alright, similar sized boat etc.

Regards

Alan

Perhaps an insurance quote from whoever Colin uses would be in order?

If not I could get you a quote..

I think the move to make it compulsary is the problem here.

You know that if you go to Southwold you will be moored up to 4 abreast, if you don't like it don't go.

With the Broads it has always gone on but it has been optional. I am sure going down the route of double mooring allowed and encouraged would have produced a much better response.

That way if the boat coming in is unsuitable for whatever reason a simple no solves the problem.

Let's face it, how many people would refuse without good reason?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2