I am humbled and uplifted

Antares_9

Went to the Paralympics yesterday afternoon / evening, what an experience with people from all over the world striving for excellence despite having to overcome major obstacles. As in the title it was both humbling and uplifting and not a little exiting. It made me want to run home along the towpath but I was able to resist :naughty: . Highlight was David Weir winning 1500m gold but the downside is I think I may have gone deaf from all the cheering.

Hi David

My dad sister & friend was there watching the women's goalball in support as she knows them all & to maybe get a taste of what reo 2016 ....

If emms last coach took her to a European game she could have got picked for 2012 but thanks to her old coach she found this out and she was disappointed but by hell is she wanting 2016

She got picked for the GB inspiration program got a massive tour round the park village training areas the lot got the kit so nothing's going to stop her ....

So watch this space ....

She may be going to the closing ceromony want to go but Noway in hell my body would take it but I think she's going ...

Jonny

We agree with original posters prognosis!

We have been on four days so far - one to the Royal Artillery Barracks for the shooting and archery two guns , three to the Olympic Park and have seen the tennis, swimming, athletics and track events plus the wondrous goal-ball PLUS a trip to the top of the Orbit! Tomorrow we are off to the Greenwich Dome (the 02) to see the wheelchair basketball.

We (my wife and I) are in absolute awe of these ''Super Human Beings'' and their powers to overcome their disabilities - makes me feel ashamed to moan about my arthritic knees :roll: And as was said the noise from the crowds is something else BUT even more stunning was the silence (called for) in goal-ball where the blind competitors rely on hearing a little bell in the ball BUT huge roars when one team scores :trophy

Interesting you mention the archery. A few years ago I used to shoot at Taverham archers, where one of the paralymipic archers, Mel Clark, also shoots. She has also achieved silver in this year's event to add to the bronze from Beijing, and is the archer in the current Sainsbury's advert. She had overcome paraplegia, blindness in one eye and deafness to become one of the countries top archers. Quite amazing.