our hols on moonlight

loribear

:wave hi everyone, are you sitting comfortably ? good,

once upon a time there was two sisters, lori & sandra, they kept watching the webcam feeling jealous wishing it was them down there,

then their day came, my hubby took us down in the baby bentley :lol: rover75, we got to the boatyard at loddon, & there she was pacific moonlight, they did all the usual paperwork & stuff, & set off, their first stop was reedham,post-937-136713941064_thumb.jpg, they unpacked their suitcase, then had something to eat, we had pie & chips with curry sauce, from the chippy up the hill, & they were delicious, then they got ready to go out to the pub, they intended to visit both pubs, but only managed to visit one, which was the lord nelson,post-937-136713941064_thumb.jpg they had a really good night, & a great laugh with the landlord & friends,post-937-136713941099_thumb.jpg we enjoyed ourselves that much, that it was 11.30pm by the time we got out, & by the time we got out it was thick with fog, & we could'nt see our hands in front of us, & our torches were'nt much good either, but we managed to find our boat, & fell fast to sleep, it would have been a great night if it was'nt for the burgler alarm going off at 3.30am, :roll: lori :Stinky

:wave hi everyone, day two, we got up to a misty morning, but it soon brightened up to be a redhot day we were going to go oulton broad, but a friend told us that it was completely full, so we decided to go to beccles instead, but as the day progressed it got hotter & hotter, we could'nt find any shade anywhere, so by the time we got to beccles we were oven ready cooked, :lol::lol: i could'nt believe how busy beccles was, we got the last mooring on the end, this is a pic of beccles to show you all, , OH just a few pics to show you the inside of the boat,post-937-136713941388_thumb.jpg post-937-136713941415_thumb.jpg,anyway, tatty bye for now, lori

:wave hi everyone, well we got up this morning had a nice shower, which costs £ 1.75 & it was more like power shower, it was that that strong it just about blew me out of the cubicle :lol: then we went into town & had breakfast at ronies cafe ,Mmmm yummy, & for anyone who's not been ,the mooring is about £7.60 stern on , we then set off with the roof back & the wind in our hair as it was a lovely day again, we're now at oulton broad, & it is a bit choppy ,the water not the weather, but it is very busy here again, now here is a few pics for you, first one is the wherry hotel,post-937-136713941752_thumb.jpg & some other yacht station pics too,post-937-13671394178_thumb.jpgpost-937-136713941801_thumb.jpg & here's one of my sister relaxing with her fluffy slippers :lol:post-937-136713942081_thumb.jpg ,Oooh & what have we here, happy jax,post-937-136713942103_thumb.jpg, tonight we're off out to the pubs, & will probably visit the wherry, the end of day 3 :lol: lori

:wave hi everybody, have finally got a signal, last nite we had a good time,we went out for a few drinks, first we went to the wherry , & it was very nice inside but the setees were a little too big, & gave me abit of backache, :roll: here is a couple of pics of me & my sister in there,post-937-13671394212_thumb.jpg post-937-136713942154_thumb.jpg,then we went to the lady of the lake but was abit disappointed,all they had done was changed the carpets & reupholstered the chairs, & done abit of paiting, but it was still dead in there, & broadsview was the same, but the waveney was very busy,woke up this morning feeling tired,as it had been a very choppy nite i felt as if i was being rocked to sleep,only it lasted all nite, anyway that was last nite, but today was a different story, we set off from oulton broad, got about 10 minutes out then we heard a clunking sound coming from the back of the boat,& i thought i'd got something wrapped around the propellor, but there was'nt any vibrations coming from the steering wheel, so i reversed it backwards but there was still no difference,so back to oulton we went,the engineer came out & checked it out & took it for a spin,he said that there was some noise but nothing to be worried about, so we set off again & stopped off for lunch at herringfleet,then we carried on & we've moored up at beauchamps arms post-937-136713942176_thumb.jpg just past cantley,& had a drink & a prawn marie sandwich,,anyway nitey nite for now,lori :Stinky

I find that working out a cruising route is almost as much fun as being there! I start getting the maps out weeks before and planning the trip. I let all the family know exactly what we're doing and then when we get there - I change my mind :-)

Alan.

:wave hi everyone, this morning we got woken up by all the damn geese, there must have been about 30 or more of them,all going at it at the same time at about 6am, :roll: so we got up & had a leisurely breakfast, it all started out a very nice morning again, & we had a lovely sunrise,post-937-136713942757_thumb.jpg bet all you lot back home are getting fed up with me saying that every morning :lol::lol: then we sat watching the ducks eating something in the grass, not sure what it was but they were going crackers for it & fighting each other over it, :lol:post-937-136713942787_thumb.jpg , is your mouth watering yet ? :lol: & took a few piccies of the castle,post-937-136713943096_thumb.jpg then we went & had a shower & it was only £1.00 Oooh, after that we decided to go & moor out of norwich, & because everyone else had dropped their mudweight in norwich we decided to drop ours, & wished we had'nt , because just as we were going past the harbour masters office we heard him shout, so we slowed right down, only to be told .....yes you've probably guessed it, we'd forgotten to pull the damn mudweight up, :lol::lol: so my sister had to go & pull it up ,with half of the weeds with it, so norwich won't need dredging this year, :lol::lol: ,anyway after that we decided to have a peaceful night, & we are now moored at thorpe commisioners cut, & that's it guy & gals for tonight, lori

post-937-13671394281_thumb.jpg

hi lozibear

i hope you are looking after moonlight as we have got her after you,

i love the pics it sounds like you are having a great time.

is it possible to list your cruising route as we will be staying south this year.

continue to have fun.

joe

:wave hi joe, yes we're having a great time, & we're really looking after moonlight for you, just a note to take on board flower, get yourself one of these, it's a safety wire with a lock, for the front door, as there is no lock at all on it, only a couple of catches,hope you have as great a time as us,lori

thanks lori

strange no lock on the door does it just bolt from the inside,

have a safe journey home our takeover is 1400hrs so you will be long gone.

joe

hi joe, yes it does lock from the inside, but they're only small hinges, about as much use as chocolate fireguard, we might still be there when you come, as hubby's picking us up in the car, when he gets down from chesterfield that is . :lol: just one other thing, you'd better pack some warm night clothes, it's a very draughty boat when the wind gets up, in the front cabin, & the bed in the back cabin is a little small for tall people, lori :Stinky

:wave well guys & gals, here's the latest update for you , last night we stayed at the thorpe cut & had abit of a bouncy night,so had to drop mudweight again, but we did remember to pull it up this time, :lol: i bet that harbour master's still laughing at us,

today we set off down the river & decided to stop at coldham hall for lunch,post-937-136713943143_thumb.jpg & the meals were gorgeous & so big, neither of us could finish our meals because they were that fillingpost-937-13671394317_thumb.jpg & it's such a nice place that we've decided to stay for the night, the people at the pub are really nice, & because we've had a meal there, it's free mooring, what more could we ask for , nice pub, nice meal & nice settings too perfect, i'd recomend this pub to anyone,post-937-136713943192_thumb.jpg post-937-136713943468_thumb.jpg oh yes & it's a beautiful sunny day again, :lol: & that's it for peeps, lori cheersice slice

hi joe, yes it does lock from the inside, but they're only small hinges, about as much use as chocolate fireguard, we might still be there when you come, as hubby's picking us up in the car, when he gets down from chesterfield that is . :lol: just one other thing, you'd better pack some warm night clothes, it's a very draughty boat when the wind gets up, in the front cabin, & the bed in the back cabin is a little small for tall people, lori :Stinky

thanks lori

thermals packed hope to see you Saturday weather forecast don't look to bad for next week.

again have a safe journey home.

joe :Stinky

:wave well everyone this is our last day :cry:cry well we got up & travelled to hardley mill for breakfast,post-937-136713943488_thumb.jpgpost-937-136713943528_thumb.jpg it was quite choppy & the current was really strong, the water just pushed us into the mooring, we then decided to go to the reedcutters for lunch,post-937-136713943552_thumb.jpgpost-937-136713943575_thumb.jpg where we met pete, lisa & courtney, they are really nice people, i introduced myself, & told them i had been following them on fbook, next thing pete came down & said that HE'D had a look at my blog on fbook, :lol: & let me use his wifi for our fones, as we could'nt get a signal, we're now back at loddon, it's not been a bad boat, it's an ex alpha craft,& apart from some minor niggles, ie; draughty front cabin, no lock on front door & the bilge pump going off alot,we've still enjoyed it, we will be sad to go home tomorrow, hope you have as good a holiday as us joe,

& here is a another little poem for you all,

THE BROADS ON MOONLIGHT

being in norfolk's like being at home

i feel that's where i really belong

my heart & soul feel so at peace

& the yearn to be there is so strong,

it always has that affect on me

& i think mum felt it too

it is so full of charm & charisma

it just puts you under it's spell,

you can't help but fall in love with it

as it makes you feel so free

all that space around you everywhere

that's what norfolk means to me

it's one of those enchanted places

that drags you back year after year

& when it's time for the holiday to end

i always shed a little tear. :cry

lori cheersice slice hope you've all enjoyed my blog :Stinky

hi lozibear

i hope you are looking after moonlight as we have got her after you,

i love the pics it sounds like you are having a great time.

is it possible to list your cruising route as we will be staying south this year.

continue to have fun.

joe

:wave hi joe, here's our cruising route, we first went to reedham, then onto beccles , then onto oulton broad, but we usually go to oulton first as it is a shorter route, from there we went to norwich for the day, as we don't like staying all night, so we came out & moored up at thorpe commisioner cut, from there we went to coldham hall for the night, then onto hardley mill for breakfast then onto reedcutters for lunch then back to loddon to the free moorings til saturday,, hope this helps joe, lori