Mercontrol throttle and shift.

brandenjg

Hi everyone

I've just wired up my outboard to the mercontrol and it doesn't seem to work properly. I was wondering if any forumites had a mercontrol installed in their boat that would be able to send me some pics of how they've got theirs setup.

It has 2 levers, one at the moment shifts from forward to neutral but not reverse and the other goes from straight up to down but only in one direction.

On a different note, I had a marine window repair business card posted through my boats canvas today which i found quite funny. I was wondering if many companys on the broads do this type of advertising?

Thanks everyone :wave

Hi everyone

I've just wired up my outboard to the mercontrol and it doesn't seem to work properly. I was wondering if any forumites had a mercontrol installed in their boat that would be able to send me some pics of how they've got theirs setup.

It has 2 levers, one at the moment shifts from forward to neutral but not reverse and the other goes from straight up to down but only in one direction.

On a different note, I had a marine window repair business card posted through my boats canvas today which i found quite funny. I was wondering if many companys on the broads do this type of advertising?

Thanks everyone :wave

The gear and throttle cable connections are mostly the same(ish) on the majority of levers, they are not that complicated but i could not start to put it into words as to talk you through it, you should be able to look at the direction the levers are moving in and work out which movement you require.

As to the card under the canopy, yes i do it from time to time, especially if its a place that i have not been to before or not been to in a long while, as long as you respect what is other peoples pride and joy it can't hurt, if the boat owner doesnt want it then its easily thrown away, it is a form of direct advertising in the same way as a takeaway menu through your door. In my 1st 2 years i spent what to me was a fortune on adverts to get bugger all in return, now £32 per year in Dilhams parish mag and a few business cards per year are my only advertising costs.

If its any help i will be over in the Thorpe island basin on Tuesday i could give you a look if your around.

Mark

Hi mark, i'll be over the island around lunchtime so if u are about would be good to get someone who knows a thing or two to have a quick look :) I think its a great advertising technique and seeing as the card that was posted was for windows and my rear ones are a mess i found it quite funny

P.s are you anything to do with the huge boat fairlise over here in the basin which has moved for the first time in a while?

Hi mark, i'll be over the island around lunchtime so if u are about would be good to get someone who knows a thing or two to have a quick look :) I think its a great advertising technique and seeing as the card that was posted was for windows and my rear ones are a mess i found it quite funny

P.s are you anything to do with the huge boat fairlise over here in the basin which has moved for the first time in a while?

Sorry If i had picked this msg up sooner i would have looked for you, it was early lunch time when i left not sure if you were about then, I didnt look at the name of the boat i was on today, its the first one you can see on the far jetty.

Was the window guy called Tevor on the card?

Hope you got it sorted.

Mark

Hi mark was no problem, I disconnected everything and started again and it all seems to be working how it should although i won't know for sure until i get a new fuel tank at the weekend (the last tank was borrowed). I think that was the name on the blue card, I'm heading down the boat in a little while so i'll double check.

Trevor Preece is great and he helped me out without any thought of payment in the past

a real gent when i was im a big jam

no windows in and a nightmar job to get them in and due out of the shed the next day.

trevor told walker rubbers to let me buy some of his own personal order of window rubber ( a normally unavailable size)

and lent me some tools to do the job and tips on how and wished us luck as he said we would need it.

it was a particularly dodgy job to get the old glass back in but 4 of us took 1hr per window for 4 windows and got it done thanks to trevor.

ever gratefull

:love:party2::party2::bow:bow:party2::party2::love

Trevor Preece is great and he helped me out without any thought of payment in the past

a real gent when i was im a big jam

no windows in and a nightmar job to get them in and due out of the shed the next day.

trevor told walker rubbers to let me buy some of his own personal order of window rubber ( a normally unavailable size)

and lent me some tools to do the job and tips on how and wished us luck as he said we would need it.

it was a particularly dodgy job to get the old glass back in but 4 of us took 1hr per window for 4 windows and got it done thanks to trevor.

ever gratefull

:love:party2::party2::bow:bow:party2::party2::love

Now that's advertising that money can't buy! :bow