And this couldn't have waited till Monday?

I'm just annoyed they felt the need to call me this morning to tell me this when it doesn't really gain anything that waiting till Monday would, that is unless anybody in Norfolk happens to know about a customer service manager job in Norfolk that pays about 20k, I could happily relocate to Norfolk/Suffolk lol

Well here's hoping, for now the main thing is to enjoy the next two and a bit days and making the most of it. Job hunt can start in earnest Monday, must admit both the other half and I have actually discussed relocating to Norfolk/Suffolk before and as far as we're concerned as long as one of us can get a full time job to aide in relocation while the other is hunting then its an easy choice to make.

You will never regret moving to Norfolk or Suffolk. May be this is the nudge you need. Still feel that the call was totally inappropriate.

Preaching to the choir on that one, I know in their mind they think they are being helpful by pre warning so I don't end up reading it on Facebook or Twitter before they have a chance to tell me, but oh well

I moved to Norfolk from Essex 14 years ago this month and have never regretted it Stu. I got made redudant 4 years ago (also this month!) but managed to get going self-employed and am still hanging in there. I suppose it depends on what sort of field you are in, as we all know what the jobs market is like at the moment, but if you look long and hard enough, something will turn up.

What time are you expecting to pass through Reedham today? I could pop down an take a picky or two as you pass?

Customer service manager! do you enjoy people moaning? you should try B&Q their service has become that bad that they never question anything in Norwich anymore, they just send you a new one or the bit you have missing/broken!

You could always kill two birds with one stone and get a boat and go live-aboard!

Customer service manager! do you enjoy people moaning? you should try B&Q their service has become that bad that they never question anything in Norwich anymore, they just send you a new one or the bit you have missing/broken!

You could always kill two birds with one stone and get a boat and go live-aboard!

That would solve everything in one foul swoop. Lol

I'm actually giving some consideration to doing my personal licence certificates, was meant to do them about 8 years ago and then the pub management company I was working for went into receivership which pretty much knocked that idea dead

sorry, Yes, thats the one,

lovely place, was well run but with a rent to remove any interest in running it.

no doubt now it is empty the pubco will drop the rent to entice a new landlord :roll:

Trust me Clive, if I had the cash to buy in I would in a heartbeat, obviously Richardsons staff and forum members would get a nice discount on food, my exquisite company comes free.

Just seen on one of the other forums they were after an annual rent of £38k?!?

Would love to know what the management firm have been smoking. I would anticipate that sort of rent on a relatively high turnover town centre pub but certainly not what is in effect a community local (albeit one with bags of potential)