Mobile 'Phone Operator Coverage

seaboater

I use O2 phone in a Z3 and tend to do well even the Horning dead spot is smaller. I have mifi on Three running all day and use Tu-Go which transfers your calls over the wifi if you lose signal.

I am still using my old 2 Baked Beans Cans and a piece of string and get brilliant reception, trouble is though, you have to be pretty close to the person you are speaking to.

This must be a "wind up"... especially when you have finished the call lol.

Thanks so far for the replies on O2, very much appreciated.

Also for which is the best operator for the Broads.

We don't want to be spending too much per month on a phone contract, the Tesco at £7.50 per month looks good, but if we can't use it when and where we want, then it's not that good value.

My talk talk deal is only £3.50 per month for first year then £7.50 (sim only ) after that....not sure if the deal is still on but you doo have to be a talktalk customer to get a mobile contract from them.

As I said before i get the best coverage I've ever had with the cheap Nokia

I use a Nokia on Vodaphone pay as you go. Can't get anything on the quay at Horning. Have to go to the top of the hill to get a signal, but can get one across the river on the BA mooring.

Loddon Staithe is hit and miss re a signal for me but funnily enough nothing at all at the top of the hill near the church.

Not tried at Hickling but seem OK everywhere else.

Roy

I should have added that my phone is an iPhone 6 and my wife's is a 5C.  I do believe, as do others, that a straight forward non smartphone gives better reception especially if you have the old type with an external antenna.

I wondered if my post could be edited but it seems not.

Hi Roy,

The only place that I find that you get minimum signal at Loddon is by the sign on the green just before you cross the bridge towards the White Horse.

Loddon & Horning seem to be the only places where you get limited or no signal, I am on Vodaphone.

Regards

Alan

Have to say if I don't get a signal for a day or so I am not that bothered - spend too long on the darn thing anyway :clap  :clap  That way work can get hold of me either.

In fact, can we keep a record of all the places mobiles DONT work and keep a mooring space for me please?

I do realise some people may need to keep in contact for emergencies or to keep in touch with friends/relatives who may be ill etc (as my wife does) so please dont think I am belittling the post. :bow  :bow

:wave hi all, for future reference, THREE is buying out 02 &  BT is buying EE which was ORANGE & TMOBILE, & carfone warehouse are having their own sim called 1D which will be running off of THREES airial, so it looks like things are going to change .oh & nearly forgot to say, carfone warehouse will be going back to 12 month contracts. lori  cheers

• Like 1