Renewing documents, spelling mistake :?

brandenjg

I'm happy to say my work has paid off and boat passed its bss today :party2: Updated insurance as well, just got to show new bss to ba and im sorted. My only issue is that I've only just realised i've put the appostrophe in the wrong place in the boats name on the bss and insurance. When i come to finally putting the name on the boat, would it cause any issues as the name on the boat will be spelt right but slightly different from the documents? I guess thats what i get for picking a weird name :lol:

The BA and BSS use their reg number as the main unique identifier for a boat on their system.

As for the Insurance company, they have entered into an agreement for a particular make, model, and age of craft owned by the proposer. That is the main basis under which the premium was set. Any mistakes in that could have serious comebacks in the event of a claim.

Bearing all that in mind, I would say that a variation in the name as subtle as a misplaced apostrophe should be no problem at all.

I would agree but in an age when any excuse will do I would inform your insurance in writing of the difference. State that you are happy with your existing documents but felt you should make them aware.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Have to say I'm with Senator on this one, for the sake of a Stamp or Phone I personaly wouldn't take the chance, even the best insurance company's will try and find a way of not paying up if the can, so is it worth taking the risk,,,,

Mowjo,,,