Spun hub.. need advise

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy, i got the outboard working the day after i snapped all the various parts. I didn't know you guys at freedom worked on outboards. May have to bring it along for a service in a few months time. Funds are a bit low at the minute after accidentaly :naughty: buying a stereo for the boat.

Hello everyone. I found a 15hp 4 stroke like i wanted at a boatyard that offer finance. All ordered and just waiting to sort delivery. I don't regret fixing the merc 20 because it means i can sell it as working.

Pics of the new outboard below :-P

Sent from my XOOM 2 ME using Tapatalk HD

post-1378-136713961064_thumb.jpg

post-1378-136713961067_thumb.jpg

Yes, very nice indeed, it will tickover like a watch and sip fuel at Broads speeds.

They appear to be the red hot target for theft though, 4 stroke, 10 to 15 hp.

I'd make sure it's fully insured for theft, and with all of the Insurance Company's stipulations strictly observed.

(Don't just rely on one of those dubious cheapo "Police" bags !)

• 4 weeks later...

Little update. Received a pallett today containing the new motor :party2: Have to rate Jones Boatyard where i bought the outboard. Threw in free delivery, some freebees and instructions on the maintenance of it. Just waiting for a sunny day (fingers crossed) then i can fit it on the boat. Looks like i'll make the meet cheers