Dualled A11 dream is all mapped out

jillR

They have been putting in the farm roads for a while now, and an awful lot of tree-felling has been done over the past few months. The signs they have erected say it should be open Winter 2014. It is going to be so much better when it is open for those that use that route regularly, but also I should think for the village of Elveden to get the vast volume of traffic out of it. I'm glad I don't have to travel that route very often nowadays though, while they do the main works!

Since they put those traffic lights in at the Elveden crossroads it's been a nightmare in the morning/evening rush hours...

I used to travel to Stansted 2-3 times a week and often went via Bury St Edmunds to avoid it.

More recently I commuted to Norwich daily and the Attleborough byepass was being dualled... interesting days! cheers

I drove back down the A11 last week, Theres been lots of felling of trees on the left hand side, so works underway.

Its going to help but i also think the Northern Bypass will help even more to draw tourists to the Broads

It will be of huge benefit to many people when finished to say nothing of improving life for Elveden residents and local farmers. I use the road a lot not just to get to the boat but also because of the amount of customers I have in Norfolk. I do the same as you sometimes John and go via Bury which me be slower but at least you keep moving!