greedy pike

loribear

:wave hi guys & gals, don't know if you've seen the story, but a dead pike was found in the netherlands, anglers have been left scratching their heads as to why a pike has been found dead with a zander in it's mouth, as the zander was 2ft 5ins & the pike was only a little bit bigger at only 3ft 2ins, the pike has killed itself with this fish as the pikes teeth go backwards , so it could get rid of the zander,mr spaargaren reported his find to the dutch nature conservation news website naturebericht, which published his story, it certainly is weird as ive never come across this before myself, i know they do eat big fish & even chicks, but ive never known them be that greedy, & apparantly a similar phenomenom was reported in suffolk in october 2011, when a pike was found dead with a carp in it's mouth,

here is the picture of the dead pike, eeyuk,post-937-136713956345_thumb.png lori :Stinky

It was only a matter of time :clap . The amount of times i've been reeling in a decent sized fish when a pike has attacked them is almost laughable. Hungry pike hunt on instinct and I guess this one just went straight in without noticing the size of the prey until it was too late.

looks like a fishy tale to me.

the work of Damien Hirst perhaps?

Now that's a deep one, Clive! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Perhaps you are referring to The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living, a 14-foot (4.3 m) tiger shark immersed in formaldehyde in a vitrine (clear display case) became the iconic work of British art in the 1990s