running a Gen

Guest Jonny

A question that had occured to me but I was afraid to ask Rod. Jonny if you have a Ebo boiler with matrix for hot water and blown air as you say and it keeps getting air locked, I have a competition "swirl pot" that you can have, if mounted a little higher than everything else in the system it should help purge any air nicely. Let me know and I will bring it to the meet.

thanks Rod

well we have one oil filled rad on board two hot air blow fans and one halogen heater.

plus things like TV combi HiFI so the need for the Gen well when we are down for the meet were going to check everything wiring ect to see what the problem. there might not be any problem might be the inverter might not be big enough or economical with the power thus zapping the batteries dry.

when charging the batteries do seam to hold there charge

A question that had occurred to me but I was afraid to ask Rod. Jonny if you have a Ebo boiler with matrix for hot water and blown air

no no no your getting confused we only get hot water via a clarifier we get the hot air heating via webo via either header tank water getting hot or water in the holding tank getting hot

no no no your getting confused we only get hot water via a clarifier we get the hot air heating via webo via either header tank water getting hot or water in the holding tank getting hot

I think it is you that must be confused Jonny, if you get heating from the engine coolant and a matrix then the Webo is either hot air blown and will not be affected by airlocks in the water system or it is a boiler which heats the coolant like the engine does but when stationary, there can only be one other answer which is you do not have a Webo, only a matrix, I will have a peek at the weekend and will bring the swirl pot in case, also I have a spare 5kw Eberspacher coolant heating unit somewhere.

I think it is you that must be confused Jonny

yes maybe David don't forget iam not as smart as you lot so plz bare that in mind for this meet and no pushing please :naughty::naughty:

its like a small little radiator and behind that are like two big fans that blow into the radiator now there is two copper pipes coming from the radiator now these could be going to the engine or to the clarified i just don't know :shocked

I think we should all have a look at Jonnies Boat, so anymore questions that crop up in the future, we will know the answer for, as we will have had first hand experience :naughty:

what are you trying to say over there Brian DO YOU HEAR A STU STUTTER :naughty::naughty::lol:

yes maybe David don't forget iam not as smart as you lot so plz bare that in mind for this meet and no pushing please :naughty::naughty:

its like a small little radiator and behind that are like two big fans that blow into the radiator now there is two copper pipes coming from the radiator now these could be going to the engine or to the clarified i just don't know :shocked

what are you trying to say over there Brian DO YOU HEAR A STU STUTTER :naughty::naughty::lol:

That's clearer Jonny, you have a matrix fed from the engine coolant, wether there is a webo or Eber in the system is still to be discovered, but at least I now know it can be helped with the addition of a swirl pot in either case. :-D :wave

That's clearer Jonny, you have a matrix fed from the engine coolant, wether there is a webo or Eber in the system is still to be discovered, but at least I now know it can be helped with the addition of a swirl pot in either case. :-D :wave

thank god there are people out there willing to help

Just one other thing to bear in mind.

Using high power Halogen heaters or a fan heater off the inverter will run down the batteries in very short order.

Using very rough mental arithmetic running a 900w heater on an inverter will take the a 100amp hr battery down in 15 mins or so.

Rod

Hi Rod

the only thing Ive Eva run off the inverter was my HIFI but it drained the batteries so much i don't bother only when hucked up to shore power.

were going to unwire the inverter and chuck it in the bin as we would not want to use this again

To run 1KW off a Inverter the inverter would be a rather heavy duty one, i have a 1.5 K.W inverter i use on site, if theres no power.

It clips onto the batttery, but i always run the engine while its on.

Brian iam not shure how powerful ower inverter is i would take a guess at 300w maybe 350 but always seemed ok to run my 500w stereo :?

even though the stereo says 500w it dosent mean it uses that.

RMS and all that audio talk, hypes up radios big time

Brian hopefully when were down we can get most thing done including installing ower new charger.

with thanks to the offer of David at looking at the heating this is supposed to be his free relaxing time but thanks to ower problems he always offers a helping hand :pirate:bow