what do you collect

jillR

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles Cartoon Annuals - original 6th edition and originals from the 8th edition to the present day, all the rest in facsimile... missing only number 5! Anyone?

I would love to complete the original set and it is possible, but any of the first 5 or six can be pricey! I once saw 1-5 as a job lot for £600, but with three kids at the time, that was a bit too much to spend. I have acquired all of the others cheaply over the years. Of course, if anyone has my missing links, do get in touch!!

I collect mugs, must have around 80-90 and have drunk tea out of all of them, Karen collects fridge magnets, with the fridge and microwave covered, the box full in the loft won`t be coming down. We also collect penguins of all types. Stuffed soft ones, tee light holders, hot water bottle cover (he`s called "Snowy" and comes everywhere on holiday with us) porcelein/china ones, and we also have a minature penguin band, and a matching teapot and biscuit barrell with a story behind them. Oh, and i`ve got a few meerkats too.

Regards to all....................... Neil

Come on then, don't leave us in suspense.

We bought the Teapot about 7 years ago in "Teapot island" in Yalding in Kent which got located on a window sill as an ornament, then 2 years ago, i was walking past our local charity shop, when i decided to have a look for anything to do with penguins, and saw it on the shelf. I decided to get it straight away, and when i got home, i went straight back out. When i got back, Karen was home and was delighted with it. When she put it on the window sill opposite the teapot, we realised it was from a matching set. Totally out of the blue, so now we always look to see if we can find a matching sugar bowl or the like.

Regards to all ................. Neil.