Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

  • If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

    Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  


Recommended Posts

:-D Not sure if I've asked this one before, On my Freeman the oil pressure and water temp gauges are the mechanical type, both have seen better days so I'm replacing all the gauges and adding a rev counter, now I understand that the rev counter is easy to fit,, but how easy is it to change the oil and water ones to the electrical type, and is it worth it or should I just change them for new mechanical ones, cheers

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Piece of cake, just replace the mechanical senders with the resistive ones supplied with the instruments, they usually come with a couple of adaptors so they will fit most block and thermostat housing thread sizes. :-D

You may or may not need to fit a voltage stabiliser into the circuit to prevent false readings, see how it goes, some of the better quality instruments will have them built in.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
cheers Thanks Stranger! more than enough to choose from there,, :wave

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • NBN Mobile App

    Our new mobile app is available now on Android and iOS!

    Get it on Google Play


Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.