Round one to Brundall campaigners in bid to stop Tesco store

jillR

Brundle allready has a good Store, Tesco Destroys local businesses, the Great local store that been there for years and years, the community around that local store. It isnt just about a new Tesco store anymore.

Its about destroying local communities and the existing infrastructure that they already have.

Pi$$ off Tesco !

+1 Budgens is more than adequate for the village and well used by locals. The staff are really friendly and prices not too bad for a small shop. Why swap one store for another? Bloody Tescos destroyed Stalham high street when it was built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well you know what they say - what goes around, comes around. I bet Tescos have lost a lot of business lately with the horse meat scare. Supermarkets, I prefer the Coop, expensive but at least you know as far as you possibly can what you are buying is of a quality, have a place. The only good thing about Tescos in Beccles is free parking for 3 hours to enable you to walk to town to do you shopping and I think that is why it appears to live quite ok with the local shops. Out of choice I walk to town from the Tesco's car park and shop in town. Roys in Beccles however, unless you pay to park or only shop in Roys , there is a threatening sign about clamping and fines. Great welcome I thought that was. So Tescos should get Brownie points for the free parking and may be Brundall should look at where it does seem to work alongside the other shops.

Bloody Tescos destroyed Stalham high street when it was built.

And the market, it is really difficult to buy a rabbit in Stalham, these days :naughty:

The Stalham Tesco didnt do any favours for the two local petrol stations either...

with the inclusion of units for dry cleaners and key cutters I guess it will only be a matter of time before small business units are built in the car parks for tyre fitters or estate agents or whatever, there is already car washing and valeting which seems to do quite well....

Just out of curiosity where can you buy rabbit these days. At one time Sainsburys used to sell it cubed and ready for a stew or you went to the butcher and paid about £14 for a rabbit , yes all you poachers £14 for a darn rabbit. If anyone has bought rabbit lately , can you share where you purchased it from please.

For all their advertising "Tesco" are NOT that cheap anyway. Down here in "not so sunny Dorset, well actually west Hampshire, There`s a local village farm shop which some while ago was selling high quality sausages (the "pork" ones :lol: ) for around £1.60 per lb, and yes, we DID buy some, whereas when we went into the mighty Tesco later in the week, their top grade "Butchers choise" sausages were nearly £2.60 per lb. I qickly worked out that it would be cheaper to drive 25 mins into the country and stock up with meat than drive just a mile to Tescos, and for better quality locally reared meats. The superstores are NOT nessecarily cheaper than farm shops, but do carry a greater selection, though i sometimes wonder whether that`s a good thing or not?. And you can virtually garuntee your sausages and burgers were not running in last weeks 3.30 at Chepstowe or Newmarket when bought from your local butchers or village store. Personally i`m glad Tescos have had their nose bloodied by the Brundall folks, as it was pleasure for me and Karen to walk to the village store, and find "a village store", even though it had a Budgeons sign over it. Well done Brundall.................

Regards to all .................... Neil.

Just out of curiosity where can you buy rabbit these days. At one time Sainsburys used to sell it cubed and ready for a stew or you went to the butcher and paid about £14 for a rabbit , yes all you poachers £14 for a darn rabbit. If anyone has bought rabbit lately , can you share where you purchased it from please.

Hylander, do you REALLY think they give you that info? :naughty::naughty::naughty::lol::lol::lol::lol:

£5/ skinned, pouched.

Well there is nothing wrong in being hopeful is there !! My old great granddad used to snaffle the odd rabbit and several cabbages on his way home by all accounts. They all used to have extra large coats especially to hide things from the local bobby. Even the farmer used to turn a blind eye to things going missing on the edge of his field. Folks in the country knew how to live by their wits, long before Pile EM High and Sell Em Cheap was even born who started Tesco.

Its important for Locals to say no to these National Stores !

The Local Council really needs to get a grip also.

I have seen the SHerigham one go through , but with loads of extras !, but at the end of the day are those extras worth it ?

Yes im sure Tesco will offer a Small Community center for Brundle in exchange for the Tesco Store, but if a new Community center was to be built what would happen to the old one ?

Who would run the new one ?

Sling your hook Tesco !

This is great news that Tesco's have been knocked back at Brundall although as with many towns and villages I am sure this will be short lived. From my understanding when Tesco's plan to build a new store it takes on average three attempts to gain planning permission due to anti Tesco campaigners and Councils trying to save face with the locals. The unfortunate thing is, Tesco's are so powerful, in most cases their lawyers always find a way to convince the councils it will be good for the community and plans go ahead.

I always get so frustrated when I see these giants open these stores and small businesses fold around them, but in reality the rates they pay against the small businesses and the employment they bring in, it makes if very difficult for the council to decline.

The only way forward to prevent them expanding is for the general public to stop using them. Unfortunately, that will not happen. two guns

cheersbar

I try never to shop at Tesco, which IMHO has always been expensive in the same league as Sainsbury's, that said all the items are there if you need them but supermarkets will pull out all of the tricks to try to make you walk down every isle by constantly moving everything around.

The DIY type supermarkets are no better, during last year I needed some yacht varnish and another item, I was out so I called in B&Q on a Saturday morning little if no staff and the only tills open were the self service which on priciple I will not use (I want service, not to work for the store) I ask the chap if he would open a till, he said no so I left the varnish and the small plumbing item on the top of his checkout (at a total value of £68.00) much to his protests and walked out of the store.

I went to a local decorators shop in a Sheffield suburb and bought a better know yacht varnish which was almost £21 cheaper for the 2.5 litres tin.

It always pays to shop around and when the local shops have gone supermarkets will have little or no competition other than online shopping.

Regards

Alan

And the market, it is really difficult to buy a rabbit in Stalham, these days :naughty:

The Stalham Tesco didnt do any favours for the two local petrol stations either...

with the inclusion of units for dry cleaners and key cutters I guess it will only be a matter of time before small business units are built in the car parks for tyre fitters or estate agents or whatever, there is already car washing and valeting which seems to do quite well....

You got it Clive, Tescos round by us now build the whole shopping centre, just to make sure they control everything.

Well, the poacher either misunderstood me or thought your requirements paramount........

I now have two large rabbits in the freezer.

When are you collecting yours??? :naughty::naughty::naughty: