new boy on the block

loribear

:wave hi all according to my mag , we've got a new boy on the block coming, the broads authority have bought a new patrol boat, it's being made at goodchilds, for just under £100,000, OUCH, &it'll be about 33ft long, but why they need a patrol boat that long is beyond me, it will have a nanni 320hp engine, & it's suppose to be for breydon water & great yarmouth, it will be equipt with hi tech video binoculars, that can watch you 2 miles away, so we'll have to watch ourselves, spoilsports :lol: here is a pic of it. lori :Stinkypost-937-136713963358_thumb.jpg

On a personal note I am glad of anyone patrolling Breydon. Crossing terrifies me at the best of times and just to see some Horaah Henry hairing towards you practically gives me a nervous breakdown, thanfully most of them do slow down and show courtesy but there is always one loose cannon. If you suffer a breakdown or similar at least help will be at hand quicker. :grin:

Goodchilds have built several of these workboats over recent years. They were trialling one on Breydon in May 2008 at the same time as the NBN Goodchilds get together. One forumite got a trail run on Breydon on the Friday afternoon and another (yours truly) declined the same trip as I'd just completed a 4 and a half hour solo cruise from Horning to Goodchilds :naughty: I needed a drink after that cheers

just to see some Horaah Henry hairing towards you practically gives me a nervous breakdown,

Lets not go down that route :norty: . And yes I do cross Breydon at 20 kts, and yes we do slow down for other craft. Not too sure I know many Hoorah Henry's either. Most of us are quite common infact...!

I can assure you there is nothing funny about being rocked about in a small boat by another boat speeding and being thoughtless. :norty: Now what is all this about being common , you have just spoilt my illusion. :o

I wasn't intending to make light of it at all Hylander, just making the point that to tar everyone with the same brush isn't fair and has been done so often in the past. I mean, I've even met a couple of sailors who were quite decent chaps and several hirers who could actually handle a boat very well :naughty: . As for being common, why do you think we keep our gin palaces on the Broads? Because we are too poor to have them somewhere where they are not vilified like the South Coast (plus I don't think they'd let us in)! :lol:

Let me dream, I love the big sea going boats and I can imagine sitting on the deck sipping from a bottle of cooled Moet on a really hot summers day. Smoked salmon nibbles and even more Champagne on ice in the cooler. Such a shame the fear of the water clouds it all. I still like to think the lovely boats seen about, are someone's expensive toy.

Talking of posh boats reminded me of one of my customers, a retired successful buisnessman. I noticed there were various pictures of him sailing in the Solent and then a couple of Brooms.

When he noticed I was taking an interest on the pics, he asked if I had a boat.

The conversation went something like this..What boat do you have?....Falcon 22 SPC. Where is she moored?...Horning, Norfolk I asked if he still had a Broom....no we have gone up a peg since then. What boat do you have now?...San Lorenzo 72. Where is she moored? Cannes.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2009/Sa ... ENS/Greece

Hope the link works :naughty:

Let me dream, I love the big sea going boats and I can imagine sitting on the deck sipping from a bottle of cooled Moet on a really hot summers day. Smoked salmon nibbles and even more Champagne on ice in the cooler.

If you ever see Secret Lady moored, please feel free to come and say hello. I can't promise Moet and smoked salmon, but there would certainly a can of something cold and a bag of pork scratchings you would be most welcome to partake of :grin: If you pop down to Oulton Broad over the easter weekend where the meet is being held there will be plenty of us there to say hello :wave

Thank you mbird that is kind of you. If we can get to Oulton over the Easter weekend and you are about we will say hello.

M

Most welcome anyone that wants to pop along. Take a look at this thread, and you'll see there will be a lot of us there! http://norfolkbroadsforum.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12341&start=15&sid=2fcbffb6f33f97533345d2dfae6070f7 :wave