problems with broadband

jillR

Funny

As i have just written a Article in Rackheath Life about the poor BB speeds we have in Rackheath

Its all over the place, some people seeing 0.3 MBps whicle another has 7MBps

Im with Business Broadband and have only 1.85MBps which has gone down from 6 MBps which i had in 2008 :(

So things are slowing down in Rackheath

BT have reset my Line a fe times and i see massive fluctuations on the speed, then after 2 days its back at 1.85 MBps

Totaly useless when you have two Children who use iPhones and iPads.

I can no longer stream Apple Films, if we hire a Film it take 8 hours (HD) to download to watch.

BT say that they are Upgrading our Exchange (which is about 500 yards away) in June, but they have been saying that for years ! lol !

And the funniest thing is, My Address is ` The Old Telephone Exchange` Salhouse Road.

Yep this was where all those ladies sat, plugging in those plugs to make the connections !

The Industrial Eastate is so Slow, many businesses Tether their iPhones to the PCs using the 3G connection as its 4 times faster than the Fixed line BB !!!

Its mental !

I'm really pleased Jill started this thread as it just shows the variations in connection speeds that we all experience. It has also highlighted the fact that I need to speak to BT about our package which was set up in 2004 and it seems I could do with some improvement for what we pay (embarrassingly expensive).

Okay, it is an unlimited download package and performs very well but I'm only getting a max download speed of 8Mb which bearing in mind we are only about 900 metres to the exchange total cable distance, could be better. Having said that, if we do get a fault (very very rare), when I call BT, you end up speaking to a UK tech bod within less than a minute who always fixes the problem. We get this service 8am to 9pm seven days a week.

Also, thanks to our resident retired GPO tecchie, I have identified three out of four sites where I work that could benefit from a BT I Plate. cheersbar