118118 costs how much?!?!

mbird

It is very rare I have to use a directory enquiry service but had need to a couple of weeks ago. As it turned out they couldn't help with the number I needed. What has shocked me is the cost now I've got my itemised phone bill. The call was probably no more than 3 minutes but has come in at £6.16!!! :o

That's the last time I use that service! :mad:

What i found a bit immoral was the 141 service to find out what number called you, then said "to return the call, please press 3". But purely by chance, i did`nt press the 3 for a few seconds, when up comes the voice saying "there will be a charge for this service". Why could`nt they advertise the charge imediately?, but i think we all know the answer to that ;););) .

Personqally, if i don`t know the number, i`l search it on google or their website, but NEVER using the commercial directory services that rip us all off.

Regards to all ................... Neil.

It is very rare I have to use a directory enquiry service but had need to a couple of weeks ago. As it turned out they couldn't help with the number I needed. What has shocked me is the cost now I've got my itemised phone bill. The call was probably no more than 3 minutes but has come in at £6.16!!! :o

That's the last time I use that service! :mad:

:o:o:o

How can they justify them charges.

• 3 weeks later...

:o:o:o

How can they justify them charges.

Because when you use the service Col, they never tell you how much it costs at the time. Then when you get your next itemised bill, you have a heart attack and vow never to use it again, just like Mark (without the heart attack though :lol: ).