Lodges + cruiser

Guest Jonny

We need some help/info

We're looking at hiring a lodge wheel chair friendly + wet room ect that well let us moor a bounty traveler or horizon 35 outside the property with a dog that will stay aboard 50% of the time.

I have rang kingline they say the dog maybe a no even if aboard the boat also may not allow a boat to be moored up outside with it being shared river front but if the boat is as long as the property you have hired then the property next to you has nothing to worry about....

The only other option is to run south hire a lodge at WRC then burn the boat round there basin but my uncle wants river front & staying north but I don't see another option???

Jonny

Hello Jonny,

If memory serves me correctly there is a number of wheelchair friendly river side accomodation just up from the Ferry Inn at Horning and I have also seen wheelchair launches also moored in this area. I am not sure about the riverside frontage of these holiday lets.

Regards

Alan

Looking at Herbert woods the frontage isn't great so want keen .... We're going for a lodge at WRC & a cruiser from Richardson's was looking at Antigua aqua38 for wheel chair movement but looking from the photos from the patio door there is a big lip of a step up onto the deck bit can't thing why it's raised as just the rudder there.

So our only other option is melody San remo princess or executive so here comes the question from the patio doors to the transom seating are there any lips ect. So when were out fishing cruising it rains or eats cold the wheel chair can be simply pushed into the saloon/galley/helm as its all one area.

Hence why all the other cruisers were out of the question

Jonny

I don't know if this helps, but my mother last April hired Waters Edge from Herbet Woods. It has strep free access to the rear from a small concrete path that runs from Herbert Woods, up over the footbridge over the entrance to their boatyard and along the back of about 3 chalets.

It it is all one level inside with an outside seating area, which also has a ramp from the patio doors to it. It also welcomes 1 pet.

I moored my boat outside twice - no problem.

So just an idea if you want to consider that. Here is the link: http://herbertwoods.co.uk/cottages/cot1 ... hp?vid=81#

Have a look at the Riverside Rentals website mate, very friendly company with quite a few lovely lodges, we stayed at Horning last year in Owlswick, spotlessly clean, lovely views etc.etc. wish I was there again this year........

Regards

Stefan cheersbar

Hi Jonny, Just to say that Melody is not the easiest of Boats to board for the less Mobile, she sits fairly high in the water, her sidewalks are high to get up onto, and theres no cut out rear 'boarding gate' like there are on some other sedan style boats :)

We had a look at Melody when we took Supreme out, it was the boarding issues that made the descision for us, fine for long legged fit young people, but no good for a less mobile short legged boater like me :naughty::lol:

When do you plan to be down that way?

Julz :wave

well we have two options kingline at horning waiting to hear back from them.... but our first option is WRC if we dont hear back... which its been about five days now so come monday if we dont hear back James Knight & his team can expect us..

Jonny

Guest Jonny

Well kingline at horning had one lodges for the dates we wanted so it was a choice of either kingline at horning or WRC so we flipped a coin & landed of tales for kingline so next year it's going to be WRC....

Jonny