Princess or executive

Guest Jonny

We was looking at melody as we like the layout but noticed no pets allowed unlike San remo allows pets.... So might have no choice to have one of the two above boats...

Jonny

I've looked at Princess - though identical to Executive externally, prefer the layout on Princess and No. 2 in the class has a nicer internal space with a few new things and trim. I only looked through the 'patio doors' but the view out to steer does not look that great for seeing as much of the boat. Having said that, you do get a lovley outside space, is slightly longer than and nicer looking (IMHO) than San Remo/Melody and your saloon area is just that and not a shared galley space - perhaps I am odd but I don't like sitting down when moored facing the sink and cooker.

Being an outdoor kind of helmsman sedans aren't really for me. However I did enjoy the Broom 29 foot design (Siesta, Mystic Horizon) on the Thames two years ago, mainly because the cockpit interior was very light and I could get my head out of the sunroof. Therein lies the problem on the Bounty 34 and the Princess/Executive style - very enclosed. Escapade and Broadland Wave on the other hand I think I'd enjoy.

We have had Omega from Brinks out in the past which I believe is a Haines build, and really enjoyed her, likewise the brinks Royales are quite nice, although the latter does involve three steep steps down into the saloon which would prohibit wheelchair use down to the cabins and heads.

At least Omega gives you the option to sleep in the Lounge on the same level as you board, and both have bathing platforms which make boarding so much easier for the not so mobile if you are thinking of taking your disabled Uncle with you Jonny.

Julz :wave

We're sticking with richardsons to build up our loyalty card but doesn't give us many boats to play with. With the sedan my uncle would have an easy transfer from wheelchair to stern & if it rains easy to push him in the saloon with everybody else & keep warm....

Some of the other centre cockpit with a stern well & patio doors just before the patio doors is a huge lip wich is a assize pain but thought maybe some sort of wedge or board to make a decline .....

Just such a pain in trying to workaround this problem...

Jonny

You either need a pair of folding scooter ramps Jonny, and a thick carpet off-cut to protect the boats gelcoat, or you might be easier with bathtub design and load him off and on via the Bow, then in through the front double doors, which will give easier access than any single doored craft.

We spotted a few people using the bow for loading on and off a wheelchair when we were at Ludham last year. Its also something that we may have to consider doing with our daughter Kay once her Chemo has completed, she loves the Broads, and I think the peace and tranquility will be good for her after all the worry she is going through.

Julz :wave

The sedan looked the better option from the helm/saloon/galley being in the same area & having a straight shot to the stern well also the transom looks lower for boarding unlike the bounty buccaneer having two rather large steps in the well to get down if the person has no lower body movement....

With the sedan the idea is get his **** on the transom so he can swing round so he's facing the bow a little **** shuffle & he's in the well ready to be able to get in he wheel chair I think it would be harder in a buccaneer ....

Ill have to ring the booking staff & see if the no pets on melody is a miss print as San remo allows pets & isn't the better layout....

Jonny

well were waiting back on some into from Richardsons but either way WE WILL BE BOOKING WITH RICHARDSONS so we shall fear not richardsons has earn't our trust & with the help we get with the VIP's if one boat dont work out they have plenty others that will in there massive fleet thats why there the best!!

was with herbert woods for 19 years until we took the decision to try richardsons in our 4th year we have never looked back so here is to another 10 years with them :bow:teddy::party2:

jonny

Guest Jonny

Well holiday now booked on melody as the boat don't allow dogs I won't be going on this trip... As the loyalty card is in my name & address & is booked under the family name & I'm not going we don't get the 20% loyalty which sucks....

But as always there looking forward to the holiday

Jonny

Well holiday now booked on melody as the boat don't allow dogs I won't be going on this trip...

Jonny, I could look after the dog if you want someone to look after him whilst you are away.

(Tried to send you a PM but it says you cant receive any new messages, so your mailbox could be full up..)

Guest Jonny

Hi Martin

It's ok I would never leave my dog ina kennel or with a friend as we like our dogs to enjoy our holiday just as much as us..

Melody was the perfect layout just dint understand why San remo was allowed pets & melody wasn't as I've only noticed the prestige fleet has no pets ....

Martin if flash stayed with you it would never be a good idea waits for the post man goes for the mail & tries to get it off your once you have it lol... Plays with your legs while on the move if he can't find his toy will take your slipper trainner shoe which ever he can find first or an emty bottle lol... Feisty little bugger....

My mail box is empty I think

Jonny

When are you going Jonny? there is a possibility we may see you down there if you wanted to land lub with your dog, I know a few dog friendly places to stay, I believe the travel lodge at acle accepts dogs for a small extra fee if that helps, or why not camp with Fly?

Julz

.. Melody was the perfect layout just dint understand why San remo was allowed pets & melody wasn't as I've only noticed the prestige fleet has no pets ....

Jonny

Hi Jonny

Remember that Melody was stripped back & fully refitted and San Remo has not been.  The two classes are quite different in that respect, but also some people may require boats that pets have not been present on due to allergies etc

Dan

Guest Jonny

Yes good point dan but if allergies were the case all the fleet would be no pets lol

Julz

Just add up to extra costs

Hence why I'm going to stay at home

Jonny

Hi Jonny, while Melody is not to everyone taste for us it works a treat for us and have got Melody 4 booked for the 5th time (ok had to No3 last time) We have this one in Sept for fishing off the back and sitting out. Get yourself a 6*4 tarp and length of string from the quid shop to blank rear side off if it rains and fish or sit in the dry - sorted. 

If you ask Kaz which boat were having it's Melody me I like the Sparking/Suncharm range or any I don't bang my head on lol.