Moores

Guest elisamoose

This has been talked about around BB for a few weeks but was not public knowledge.The boats will be taken over by BB and they have also bought some of the land I believe .Some of the private boats will be moving moorings but we are staying where we are!

I'm disappointed to here of this, because Barnes Brinkcraft do seem to do little incredibly well. In my opinion they are a very average fleet at very high prices (compared to other Hoseasons fleets) and that's a disappointining combination. so I'm sorry to see a fleet with a generally good reputation being bought by them, though our experience of them in 2007 made me decide not to give them my money again, a shame as they were very good when we used them in 2005 (sister operation GoBoating).

At the same time I'm quite pleased if Moores are finishing that the fleet isn't just being sold into private hands as has happened so frequently over the last 5-10 years as fleets have closed.

I wonder how the prices for the same Moores craft will be next year, as BB always seem pricey when you do a comparison.

It will also be unusual to see the cream boats not being from Moores, but I guess times change, they don't appear to have been booking very well for some time compared to many other yardsa of similar size (Summercraft, Royalls etc), maybe they've not moved forward well enough in comparison to how these two yards have.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.... cheersbar

Dan

Dan mate nice too see you here again :trophy:wave

it all comes down to money and profit if they got a big enough offer than when they started or a little over then it would be tempting to take.

• 2 weeks later...

Barnes Brinkcraft have bought Moores, but as all the advertising/brochures and bookings have been running as Moores they now appear on Hoseasons as Moores, Operated by Barnes Brinkcraft. I think that the (Moores) name must disappear at the end of the season as my understanding is the name is not a part of the sale, though I could be wrong.

I will be interested to see whether all the Go Boating & Moores Boats are being sold at the end of the season or if some will be renamed and marked under the Barnes Brinkcraft name for next year.

I'd be quite sad to see another fair number of hireboats get 'lost' from the todays hire choice.

Dan