Richardsons 45 flybridge

I tried to book Commodore a few weeks ago for April next year through the boat yard because the online booking showed "all red " in the calendar, but was told it was not available. I just went online and succeeded, so all booked for 2nd April next year. Only 11 months to go. Yipeeeeeee.

• Like 3

I've always said I prefer the older type of Boat, well scrap that, she's stunning and I really, really want one :love

Well done Clive and crew, love the name too :clap

Grace

p.s Just wondering if Eric wouldn't mind marrying me very much. (before next April lol)

• Like 1

Hi Clive ive just seen the pics on your FB page, it looks awesome, is she going to have the tracvision system and wheres the sliding door!! Is there a tv in aft cabin also?

I also like how you have done the mudweight its a very stylish touch!

How it's changed in 2 week's when I saw it in the shed. Can't wait for internal pics.

Good the see the boss running to get on.

Would make a good pic of your dad with a couple of his boats he built one side and your team with the rc45's on the other.

Commodore certainly from the exterior looks to be something very special.

Seriously Clive and team you do know you're main business is that of a holiday hire yard?  I ask because this won't just be making other hire operators envious, it will be making well established top end boat builders stand up and take notice.

You've leap frogged anything else that one can hire (and I know you've not gone silly with budgets) so this will still have to pay for itself but my what a stunnign craft!

If I was any of the larger yards investing tens of thousands of pounds in 'off the peg' molds I would certainly be worried about my customers salivating over Richardson's new boat and wanting to book it.  It makes the Alpha 44 seem very dated not just in design of the mold but even the bonded windows and the side door that is so well made to be flush (hello Broom influence).

I think you've managed to do something that was unexpected, because the overall height had to be a real consideration (for Ludham Bridge) the overall design of the boat especially from the side is of a very sleek appearance, it almost does not need the outside helm position to work, the rise and fall of the side decks the curves of the windows - they all work together. Even the outside space on deck works so much better than anything else because it has not been an 'add on' but able to be designed from the start - a comfortable looking seating area, and sunbeds with what appears minimal instruction inside the boat.

The real stand out feature has to be the master cabin at the stern and that big window - I can't help think of the new Broom 430 and it's large rear window - but yours is a single wide piece -  that not only provides a great deal of light inside the cabin and views out, but externally adds a real touch of class being so wide and the ratio of it to the rest of the boat works so well. 

Top job there Clive and to every person who helped build her, and who assisted with the design and  can all  be proud to know Richardson's has raised the bar once again.

• Like 4

I think in one of the facebook pics the door possibly wasnt fitted when the pic was taken Jonzo, either that or I need to go to specsavers!!

Well put LR, i wanted to say similar about the Alpha 44s, they all pale into insignificance when you see Commodore!

Thanks again for the comments,  :)

she measured 8 feet to the centre of the top rail..

We don't fit the track visions any more as the digital signal is so good now, 

there are TVs in the front and rear cabins but not the middle.. 

the front and rear cabins also have sprung mattresses but they didn't leave  any room for your feet in the middle so the foam had to go back on... 

Clive,

Like the way the life ring is tucked away in it's own little area.

Is there space in there for the boathook and mop as well?  It would prevent them getting kicked about on the deck and possibly doing some damage or getting lost overboard.

Jeff

Stunning looking cruiser Clive. Congrats to everyone at Richardsons for bringing her (commodore is that a him then?) in on time for the first customer to take on hire. No doubt some midnight oil got burnt in the process! When can we order one for private use?

Kind regards

Simon