Richardsons 45 flybridge

I do take your point about the view of the surrounding countryside being better from Broadsman.  However, as I think has been said before, there is rather too much 'plastic' moulding about it for my taste ( I can't get past the idea that it has been squeezed out of a gigantic toothpaste tube).

Hi Alex,

We have made provision for a door to be added in the rear if needs be but there are no plans to put one in on the first few builds..

At Stalham we Build boats, not just put them together, we do not use lining carpet to cover things up and we use quality finishes and fittings, that is why they are better than other new build hire boats.

At present we have been building new models and designs better than the previous model, this is the plan with the 45' flybridge,

Ok great as i am often put off boats where it is not easy to gdt off the boat at the back so i am happy aslong as it easy to get off, what i dislike with side doors is that if you moored up on the port and the side door is on starboard side means walking around the boat or climbing up to the outside helm section, i cant wait to see what you do and are likely to go on board her in the future anyway, keep going with the great boats

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We finished the plug about 2 weeks ago but have had to delay making the mould so we can finish other jobs off. we had to finish the last set of RC45 mouldings to build for the fleet and also a set we have sold to another builder for a private customer which should be delivered next week. 

We will then get on with it!

We finished the plug about 2 weeks ago but have had to delay making the mould so we can finish other jobs off. we had to finish the last set of RC45 mouldings to build for the fleet and also a set we have sold to another builder for a private customer which should be delivered next week. 

We will then get on with it!

I seem to remember reading in the RC45 thread that you WERE`NT going to sell sets of mouldings for outside completion Clive, have you had a change of heart?.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Boatmad, 

the mould is having its 'woods' made and bonded on, this is to strengthen and stop the mould from flexing or distorting, we are also experimenting with a new (to us) way of turning the moulding over by spinning the mould 180 degrees and dropping the moulding onto a trailer then spinning the mould back round..

I have not taken any photos for a few weeks as it all looks a bit the same...

not long now though!!

Horizon craft will have some new boats next year, we are having a swap about with a few boats but I will tell you all about that soon enough!

Hello Clive,

I just returned Carousel 3 last week and have booked another Carousel for March 20 next year. If the flybridge (BROADSMASTER) is ready, I would be delighted to take it for an early season cruise. Just a thought. BTW, Carousel is stunning.

• Like 2