Richardsons 45 flybridge

Hi Andy, 

I will tell you how long it takes when we finish, it is the most complicated mould we have created to date.  the RC45 takes 4 people approx 2 weeks to make the superstructure, a hull takes 2 people about a week.  we could complete a full set trimmed and ready for build in about 6 weeks with 6 people.

There probably won't be another Broadlander for a while, the schedule for all of next year is full...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay but is is not an easy boat to make! we have made the hull and most of the internals, the superstructure should be ready by the end of the week...

you can now see the side door, the adjustable sun loungers rear cabin window and the foot well for when the rear seat goes on, 

More later!

post-144-0-42749800-1415525824_thumb.jpe

post-144-0-58287400-1415525864_thumb.jpe

post-144-0-49302600-1415525908_thumb.jpe

post-144-0-22312700-1415525934_thumb.jpe

post-144-0-64014800-1415525958_thumb.jpe

• Like 7

Often with boats, much like many cars – the back end seem to be the forgotten part.  Much effort being put into the front and side and the ‘sexy lines’ by the time the rear end is on the draftsman’s table things are cobbled together.

This however just looks so well proportioned and designed – I like the side door, and what looks to be a very interesting upper helm molding. 

For a long time yards like Herbert Woods and Barnes Brinkcraft have been working to adapt the standard ‘Alpha 44’ mold to make it work more to what they feel today’s customers want however there is only so much one can do – being able to start out from scratch with a new superstructure design really has worked.

It looks dare I say, gracious – when you see some other ‘in house’ designs like those out of Horning Ferry Marina – while they offer bags of room inside they have never appealed to be in their exterior look – just as Le Boats ‘Vision’ class far too wide for the Broads) makes almost a houseboat interior, they look pretty horrid externally.

Clive, you’ve really done a great job here and I think truly while other yards might push envelopes with propulsion and onboard technology you’ve hit the mark with style outside and I am sure too with a very well crafted interior to match this new class.

• Like 4

sorry, no hot tubs but  our usual decent showers...

next year will see...

Broadsman 8.

Broadway 3,

Commodore 1. 

Crystal Horizon 1 

Broadway 4.

Crystal Horizon 2.

Commodore 2. 

in basically that order, before the end of August..

• Like 3

I will let you know when we have added up all the hours!

jeff your name is on the list.. :liar

Please add my name Clive.

I have always wanted to look around one of these new style Broads Boats, I have even dropped several hints to our Narrow Boating crew about a Broads Holiday, but they want to stop on the canals even though they have joined us on the Broads from time to time aboard Ranworth Breeze.

Regards

Alan

Siddy, the first Broadsman was number 2 but only as she was a Friday/ Monday boat and it kept things in line as the second boat was finished 8 weeks later..

bit silly I know!

There may be a boat at Horning Boat Show for peeps to have a nosey on.

• Like 2

Clive, I've just been taking a closer look at the photos you posted.

I like the idea of the raised side decks at the stern,  must make a big difference to the width of the rear cabin.

The different levels of decks gives great versatility for getting on and off at any mooring at any state of the tide.

Two questions I have for you.  1) Is the space above the saloon area to be covered by hatches or a sunroof?

2) I have noticed several boats of this style have the upper steering position at the starboard side and not the port side.  Is there any special reason for this?

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Jeff