BA recruiting

thirdmate

Projects Manager

The Broads Authority - Norwich

Projects Manager £

24,646 to £28,636 per annum (Grade F)

37 hours per week

Two year fixed contract

The Broads is an internationally important and protected wetland environment with status equivalent to a national park. The area is of special value for its wildlife and landscape beauty and for its important navigation interest.

So why do they NOW need the expensive services of another beaurotwatt, whos existance in past years was of no nessecity at all?. Personally, i think this is just another "jobs for the boys" scam to use up yet more toll payers money, instead of spending it on essential river maintainace. This bods salary WILL come from the navigation budget i`m sure :roll::roll::roll: .

Hello, thirdmate............. are you a member of the BA?

Retired last year to concentrate on sailing/Mobo driving :Sailing:Stinky

This vacancy popped into one of my old job search inbox's I had forgotten to close.

It was the ref to "Almost a national park" that caught my attention. The rest of the job description is the normal vague b***sh*t waffle used by quango's who have already lined up one of their mates for the job.

This vacancy popped into one of my old job search inbox's I had forgotten to close.

It was the ref to "Almost a national park" that caught my attention. The rest of the job description is the normal vague b***Osh*t waffle used by quango's who have already lined up one of their mates for the job.

OUCH! :naughty::naughty:

So why do they NOW need the expensive services of another beaurotwatt, whos existance in past years was of no nessecity at all?. Personally, i think this is just another "jobs for the boys" scam to use up yet more toll payers money, instead of spending it on essential river maintainace. This bods salary WILL come from the navigation budget i`m sure :roll::roll::roll: .

It does beg the question of if they've never had a project manager, who's been deciding where the moneys spent and what maintenance needs to be done or should be on going.

Maybe, just maybe the ba have realised the sums don't add up with their outlay vs actual expenditure e.g the odd hundred thousand drifting off somewhere.

My opinion is it could be a good thing to have a project manager, but that surely theres someone already working in the ba who could do the job.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I don't see a problem with this advert.

They've said 'status equivalent to a National Park', which is true, and they haven't said 'is a National Park', which isn't.

The salary actually seems to be a bit on the low side for this role, but not excessively so considering that they're likely to have no shortage of applicants.

Project management is an important job for somebody to be doing, it's what makes sure that projects take place on time and within budget, by making sure that everything that needs to happen happens at the right time and in the right order. It's quite plausible that whoever gets this job will pay for their own salary several times over by making sure that projects progress smoothly and without expensive delays.

To be honest, I don't see a problem with this advert.

I'd agree TD.

The BA has quite a wide remit over the management of the Broads.

Without inside knowledge it's impossible to say whether the job is superfluous.

The pay banding doesn't sound excessive for someone properly qualified and experienced for that role who can do the job competantly.

If I understand it correctly, the "two year fixed contract" terms would also mean that there would be a saving in redundancy money if the contract wasn't renewed for any reason. 

It's not enough for a good PM, I'd suggest...

Quite so, Jonzo, especially considering it's not being offered as a permanent salaried post.

Well, all i can say is that in the company i work for, we`ve had a dramatic rise in the number of project managers, project co-ordinators, production controllers etc etc etc, but the simple fact is, they`re the biggest waiste of the companies money. If i had a pound for the number of times i`ve pointed out where these office wallers are completely wrong, as no of them know anything about how to actually build the product, i`d be a millionaire. They just simply sit on their ar..s writning e-mails and doing graphs etc etc etc that are of absolutely no help to the production team (and by production team, i mean the actual people who use the tools to build things) and cost the company hundreds of thousands a year.

No, as far as the BA is concerned. the sooner they start to streamline and get rid of all those "hangers on" and just simply concentrated on doing what`s best for the Broads, and those that earn a living from them, the better. They`re NOT an employment regime, and being publically funded, they should be doing a much BETTER job of giving the toll payers the BEST service .

• Like 3

Well, all i can say is that in the company i work for, we`ve had a dramatic rise in the number of project managers, project co-ordinators, production controllers etc etc etc, but the simple fact is, they`re the biggest waiste of the companies money. If i had a pound for the number of times i`ve pointed out where these office wallers are completely wrong, as no of them know anything about how to actually build the product, i`d be a millionaire. They just simply sit on their ar..s writning e-mails and doing graphs etc etc etc that are of absolutely no help to the production team (and by production team, i mean the actual people who use the tools to build things) and cost the company hundreds of thousands a year.

No, as far as the BA is concerned. the sooner they start to streamline and get rid of all those "hangers on" and just simply concentrated on doing what`s best for the Broads, and those that earn a living from them, the better. They`re NOT an employment regime, and being publically funded, they should be doing a much BETTER job of giving the toll payers the BEST service .

Obviously you company has yet to shell out for a decent PM