Trev and Bob,s boating blog in pictures

diesel falcon

I know it's easy to say after the event but I did honestly think of Wren but thought it was bigger than a Kingfisher so didn't say anything.....and yes, I did have steam billowing from my ears and yes, I do try and take things in my stride and most definitely yes, will be clobbering Alan over the head with a ruddy frying pan lol

Grace

p.s I honestly didn't know that Jenny was a nick name for a Wren  :kiss

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A sad update of the the blog , the new crew member from the post above and some of you met at the Beccles meet has sadly passed away today, a great dog who will be sadly missed..............here he is in happier times  with his lifetime mate Connie, thanks Braken for the ten years we had with you............

8SC_2144.jpg

I found it for you:-

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• Like 1

Rainbow Bridge - (Please someone tell me it's true and exists)   the situation is that when my time comes and I go there to collect old friends, I've had so many of them now, I'm going to be inundated, just hope my Mum and Dad have been there and are now dog sitting :love

Griff

• Like 2

Very sad news.

I know how attached we get to our dogs, they are such loyal friends and always there for you.

we lost our dog, also a black Labrador by coincidence, many years ago now and haven't been able to have another.

Sam loved his boating holidays on the Broads as well.

you are in our thoughts.

love the thought of Rainbow Bridge and really hope it's true. Thanks Griff, never heard it before.

• Like 2