Trev and Bob,s boating blog in pictures

diesel falcon

We arrived at Loddon basin just as it was getting dark, and had a walk round the pubs, Bob has a new favorite band...................................THE  KILLER TOMATOES!!

her,s some images of the trip, sorry i only had my iphone for pics will take the slr for the next update, 

The Berny arms is now open!!

post-230-0-21135100-1394403976_thumb.jpgpost-230-0-32674500-1394404030_thumb.jpgpost-230-0-32104100-1394404165_thumb.jpg

The cruiser in the picture actually sank , on the rising tide all were taken off saftly.

• 2 weeks later...

Blog update!!

Well what a weekend ,talk about windy! , this weekend we decided to try the newly opened waveny inn at wrc, we had a good trip down with Somerlayton bridge opening on demand and everything normal, got moored up at wrc after been blown around the basin a few times...lol.

We had a rest and a wash and then proceeded to the pub, well what a transformation!! it,s now a very modern place indeed, the pricing was not over the top and the food was hot and tasty.....see pub guide!! other tread. here,s some pics of the place, sorry someone forgot the big camara! doh

post-230-0-18359200-1395598683_thumb.jpgpost-230-0-70436900-1395598710_thumb.jpgpost-230-0-46567500-1395598968_thumb.jpgpost-230-0-75709300-1395599009_thumb.jpg

After a very good nights sleep.......we woke up and everything didn,t seem quite right!!  the boat was nose down??  it had been windy during the night which had pinned the boat to the key heading....................then the tide went out.....oh dear  :bow  :bow  :bow

post-230-0-45949500-1395599683_thumb.jpgpost-230-0-86753400-1395599740_thumb.jpgpost-230-0-91421500-1395599783_thumb.jpg

We got it off with a splash, only a bent rubbing strake .

Just goes to show it can happen to anyone......that,s my excuse anyway!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You see I go away and it all stops come on Trev and Sue :wave

Patience dear boy.!!

Well we didn,t take the boat out this weekend ,but did get her and Jeff,s boat ready for easter, good meal in the bell sat night,

we did have a visitor for breakfast!!!  cheeky monkey...................

post-230-0-74555700-1396807263_thumb.jpg

More blogging at Easter, hoping for good weather :wave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just got back from the broads, after a long weekend on the boat.......................i actually feel a little land sick typing this!!, 

The weather was on and off, blowing a bit at times and very grey, so not many photo opertunities but got this on our mooring at St Olaves as said the wind got frisky , 

stolavessunset.jpg

Our first night out we decided to spend in Loddon and had those wonderful fish and chips from the chineese chip shop, drinks then flowed on Jeoff s boat and we were joined by another couple from our marinner who followed us out,a great night!

• Like 4

Whilst on the moorings at Loddon in the daytime something happened which is getting a little worrying , birds keep trying to invade the boat!! normally it would be flattering................but not when they get in your bed uninvited ,,,and leave a little present on your pillow! (Sue ,s language would grace a football terrace)  Lol  everyone was ********* themselves!!

post-230-0-71906100-1398189003_thumb.jpg

After our visit to Loddon we decided to steam up the chet ,and turn left at hardly cross past the very nice new moorings, although on a large spring and a lot of wind it could be a tad choppy!.

We were heading to surlingham to try to get in sonia,s for saturday night, we did moore up but every mooring had been booked for a club meeting .....so it was plan B.

We ended up here................

coldham.jpg

We still had to move a small boat with outboard which was side on to get all 3 boats in as there was a large 40fter side on aswell,and full at the front too.

we went into the pub to eat , they had had a busy day so didn,t have all the menu selections available ,bit strange but we made the most of it and had a reasonable meal.

The mooring was intresting with large boats speeding by causing big washes....not good on a windy day stern on! :norty: If your reading this mr pedro skipper thanks !!

We were entertained   also by the constant stream of holiday makers being shown by the yard at brundel how to stern on moor....next to me!,didnt click first time got a bit worried about the speed of a 35ft hire boat aiming for me!

post-230-0-79806900-1398276980_thumb.jpg

For bank holiday monday we opted for Rockland straithe and the new,inn on our arrival we booked a table for six then chilled out in the basin, when it was time to eat we went to the pub for a roast dinner....i had the beef others had the pork, it was the best meal of the trip,and the season so far....well done the chef!!, we stayed in the pub for a few jars and got chatting to the landlord ...and his daughter a very charming five year old ,and a 10week old labradoodle (pin sharp puppy teeth!!)great night.

to finish the trip off we returned to the leg and chew and had more drinks, we were a bit loud so if you heard us....sorry!

End of the easter blogg.....next may be a foray upt ta north...for a forthcoming event! :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all,the blogs been upt tar north, 

we left our mooring on thrusday night and headed for an overnight stay at the bearney arms ready for a run over brayden on friday....well it was wet, and a tad breezy, made good time to the Berney arms, then sue had to get off....straight into a quodmire of silty mud, i then followed to do the front rope and adjust fenders, what a mess!!! mud every ware .Spent the evening cleaning up having a beer and hot shower,

Friday.

woke up , it,s wet and windy....very windy in fact bloody windy!! , we waited until it was time to make a slow downtide run over Braydon , the new height gauge at Berney showed 9ft at yarmouth!!,all was going well until we were about 1/4 mile from the braydon bridge , we looked behind to see the darkest clouds tearing towards us, the shower caught us up and the wind grew to about 50mph!! then it rained...then it snowed....then it hailed...we couldn,t see a thing so i turned the leg and chew into the wind we were doing 8 knots with the wind....1 yes one against it!! we rode it out,turned and went thought the bridges and onwards upt the bure.....the ranger at the yatch station waved ...and then crossed himself....like footballers do.....he knew what was coming and we soon found out!! more wind more rain thunder ect, we eventually got to Salhouse broad and were warmly met by the other guys who helped with the controlled crash i called a mooring!

(sorry no photo,s but weather was apalling! slrs hate water).

Here,, s a picture from last week......

post-230-0-24649200-1400452448_thumb.jpg

It was then two days of the Nbn do......a great  weekend....see other thread.

Quick quiz where was the above taken...??

Her,s a picture that got away from the nbn bash.................................

post-230-0-14022900-1400519034_thumb.jpg

we stayed at salhouse broad for sunday night the weather improving all the time, we had a strange visitor while we were moored here can anybody identify this bug i think it,s got a local name, it,s about an inch long!

post-230-0-22066400-1400521072_thumb.jpg

On Monday morning we set off for Potter, as we had run out of supplies :naughty:  :naughty: (beer), but potter was full and we couldn,t moor up, we went for plan b, we decided to spend the night at Womac straithe, so had a nice potter down , we got settled ....then the phone rang....it was bob, just back from New Zealand he was on his way.....

Que Bob!